Getting better at commentating

NuNch

I was wondering how I can make my commentary better,I know the simcity commentary isn't great (I would say worst one I done in a while)
But I want to know how I can always make it good.

Edit out any long silences or inactivity, cut out any moments where you say 'ummmm' or the like, same goes for sniffing, coughing, accidental phone ringing etc.

Speak like you have a million subscribers: be confident, host your show, own your s**t. Excuse the French, but that's the best way I can describe it :D

Edit out any long silences or inactivity, cut out any moments where you say 'ummmm' or the like, same goes for sniffing, coughing, accidental phone ringing etc.

Speak like you have a million subscribers: be confident, host your show, own your s**t. Excuse the French, but that's the best way I can describe it :D

"own your s**t" lmao, funny but true. I like the advice speak like you have a million subs.

What Frankie said. I would also add that it takes practice to improve. Everybody sounds awkward or lost for words at first but it gets easier. If you really do not like your commentary you do not need to upload it, dont feel compelled to upload everything you record. It is like writing a essay, sometimes the first draft is good and sometimes it needs to be ripped apart.

Nice tips :D

what if you do live commentary? not gonna cut out a part if gameplay footage and cause a jumpy video just to not hear me cough :p

what if you do live commentary? not gonna cut out a part if gameplay footage and cause a jumpy video just to not hear me cough :p

I do live commentary but record the audio and video separately so that way I can cut out any accidental breathing sounds or the aforementioned coughing etc. (I clear my throat alot and say ummm all the time, but you'd never know!)

I do live commentary but record the audio and video separately so that way I can cut out any accidental breathing sounds or the aforementioned coughing etc. (I clear my throat alot and say ummm all the time, but you'd never know!)
and you just leave a silence in the audio where those cut out sounds are i assume? so that the timing doesnt go weird

Back