Getting better at commentating

NuNch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I was wondering how I can make my commentary better,I know the simcity commentary isn't great (I would say worst one I done in a while)
But I want to know how I can always make it good.

Reactions: Chef Kendra

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Edit out any long silences or inactivity, cut out any moments where you say 'ummmm' or the like, same goes for sniffing, coughing, accidental phone ringing etc.

Speak like you have a million subscribers: be confident, host your show, own your s**t. Excuse the French, but that's the best way I can describe it :D

Chef Kendra

Chef and Video Creator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Edit out any long silences or inactivity, cut out any moments where you say 'ummmm' or the like, same goes for sniffing, coughing, accidental phone ringing etc.

Speak like you have a million subscribers: be confident, host your show, own your s**t. Excuse the French, but that's the best way I can describe it :D
"own your s**t" lmao, funny but true. I like the advice speak like you have a million subs.

Custard Creamer

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
What Frankie said. I would also add that it takes practice to improve. Everybody sounds awkward or lost for words at first but it gets easier. If you really do not like your commentary you do not need to upload it, dont feel compelled to upload everything you record. It is like writing a essay, sometimes the first draft is good and sometimes it needs to be ripped apart.

Reactions: NuNch

Daniel

YTtalk's Juicy Lemon
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Check this page I made a while back here. It might be able to help you :)

Eqo

Better Than You.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer

Nice tips :D

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator

what if you do live commentary? not gonna cut out a part if gameplay footage and cause a jumpy video just to not hear me cough :p

NuNch

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what if you do live commentary? not gonna cut out a part if gameplay footage and cause a jumpy video just to not hear me cough :p
I guess it is possible to just edit the sound.

unknown_user0032

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I do live commentary but record the audio and video separately so that way I can cut out any accidental breathing sounds or the aforementioned coughing etc. (I clear my throat alot and say ummm all the time, but you'd never know!)

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I do live commentary but record the audio and video separately so that way I can cut out any accidental breathing sounds or the aforementioned coughing etc. (I clear my throat alot and say ummm all the time, but you'd never know!)
and you just leave a silence in the audio where those cut out sounds are i assume? so that the timing doesnt go weird