Gamers, help each other!

Alright I'll start.

First off, your audio is great. No pops or unnecessary white noise. Voice wise, your very clear and easy to understand, which is incredibly important. Worst thing you can do is have a video where the viewer can't understand you.
As for content, I like this video a lot. I'm not a big fan of CoD videos normally as I don't play the game but because of your topic selection, I was genuinely interested. Topics like YT fraud can interest a lot more people that just "watch me tomahawk this guy in the face" but if you can combine both solid gameplay with a solid topic, you're golden. Overall, I'd say this is an excellent video. Well done.

My latest video is in my signature. Have at it!

Thanks man :)

First of all, great audio, and you're easy to understand! Gameplay is fun and great to watch, plus its in good quality and fills the whole screen!

A great video overall, I left you a like ;)

It would be super special awesome if you could take a look at one of my videos, I find this one to be one of my personal favorites out of the ones we have. Its also a good idea to add some retro goodness into this thread.

It would be super special awesome if you could take a look at one of my videos, I find this one to be one of my personal favorites out of the ones we have. Its also a good idea to add some retro goodness into this thread.

Every thing needs retro goodness!

Overall I enjoyed your video. It's hard not to have fun watching or listening to a bunch of gamers voice act and comment on an old game. Audio was a bit choppy at times and there were one or two points where it just sort of cut out so watch out for that. Also, I would hesitate to call this a review. I knew there are quotes around the word in the title, but it still might lead some people to think you are going to pass some sort of judgement on the game. Otherwise, awesome.

Every thing needs retro goodness!

Overall I enjoyed your video. It's hard not to have fun watching or listening to a bunch of gamers voice act and comment on an old game. Audio was a bit choppy at times and there were one or two points where it just sort of cut out so watch out for that. Also, I would hesitate to call this a review. I knew there are quotes around the word in the title, but it still might lead some people to think you are going to pass some sort of judgement on the game. Otherwise, awesome.
Thank you very much, I also enjoyed your video you posted before, the quality was great and your commentary was great and easy to understand. You should have seen me yelling to use explosive gel at the start of the video, but other than that, awesome.

What do you use to record your audio? We would love to get better sounding commentary.

Thank you very much, I also enjoyed your video you posted before, the quality was great and your commentary was great and easy to understand. You should have seen me yelling to use explosive gel at the start of the video, but other than that, awesome.

What do you use to record your audio? We would love to get better sounding commentary.

Thanks man! And I did I have explosive gel? Because if I did then I'm a dumbass.

I use Audacity for my audio. Normally I do a noise removal and equalizing effect on the audio to make it a bit crisper but I forgot to with my Batman videos so far. Not sure if its that big of a deal.

Thanks man! And I did I have explosive gel? Because if I did then I'm a dumbass.

I use Audacity for my audio. Normally I do a noise removal and equalizing effect on the audio to make it a bit crisper but I forgot to with my Batman videos so far. Not sure if its that big of a deal.
Yes you did have explosive gel, feel free to watch over the first few seconds haha, but it was quite entertaining in the variety of ways you tried to escape.

I do noise removal, but not equalizing effect, I'll have to look into that, thank you very much.

Yes you did have explosive gel, feel free to watch over the first few seconds haha, but it was quite entertaining in the variety of ways you tried to escape.

I do noise removal, but not equalizing effect, I'll have to look into that, thank you very much.

Ugh where was it on the selection screen. Can't watch it right now but I want to know.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it does that much, but it seems to at least get rid of some clicks and such.

Ugh where was it on the selection screen. Can't watch it right now but I want to know.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it does that much, but it seems to at least get rid of some clicks and such.
Well it was Part 6, and you were in detective mode, and the floor you were on top of even said that it was weak, explosive gel in your selection screen is on left hand side, center of your inventory. I subscribed, and I am going to go watch your lets play from the start haha, its very enjoyable. :)

Sir Friendship, you've got some good presence. I'm not all that keen on the game selection, but I do have some suggestions.

First of all, it sounds like you're using a communal mic, thus the echo. You should try setting up a headset per person. I edit in Adobe Audition, so it's a bit different from Audacity but the basic function is the same. I record at a low(ish) volume. Normalize first, then limit/compress to even out the peaks, noise reduction followed by another normalize. You can run it through an EQ but unless you have bass distortion coming into the mix, it isn't likely to be magic for you. Now, I am using a condenser mic, but it's not an expensive one (Apex 415).

Would love an opinion on any of my vids. I've had a forced hiatus which explains the lack of content in the last month. Recording 4 more tonight actually. :)

Sir Friendship, you've got some good presence. I'm not all that keen on the game selection, but I do have some suggestions.

First of all, it sounds like you're using a communal mic, thus the echo. You should try setting up a headset per person. I edit in Adobe Audition, so it's a bit different from Audacity but the basic function is the same. I record at a low(ish) volume. Normalize first, then limit/compress to even out the peaks, noise reduction followed by another normalize. You can run it through an EQ but unless you have bass distortion coming into the mix, it isn't likely to be magic for you. Now, I am using a condenser mic, but it's not an expensive one (Apex 415).

Would love an opinion on any of my vids. I've had a forced hiatus which explains the lack of content in the last month. Recording 4 more tonight actually. :)
We are currently using a Samson C01u microphone to record, which is a condenser, so I am not sure how to improve the audio quality to someone as crisp and clear as yours. The microphone was around 80 dollars, so it wasn't that cheap. Also, how would you go about recording multiple headsets seeing how there is only one microphone input.

Also, what would you like to see as far as a game selection is concerned, I am trying to produce content that appeals to a wide audience.

As far as a review goes, I thought the video in your signature was really well done. Your quality (both video and audio) our outstanding, and I am not sure how to put this, but you have that classic reviewer type voice. I can also agree with the points you seem to make, which always a great plus in my book.

Suggestions would be that you should work on giving your actual channel a face lift. Organize your videos better with a handful of new playlists, and maybe think about creating a channel layout, or having a professional on yttalk do that. All in all though I thought your channel was great, and am surprised you are not more popular. I subscribed, and will go give your handful of other videos a look see. :)

Back