Gamers, help each other!

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I've noticed a lot of the 'Gaming' threads in the promotion area do not get all that many replies...

So I have a solution, all us gamers should review each other's videos, because gamers no best what gamers want to see! There's a majority of non-gamers on the forum so this is why our threads don't get viewed as much, so we should endeavour to hwelp one another grow, reviewing the videos of the other gamers and asking for a review in return!

Some tips on making a gaming video:

*ALWAYS record in formats like 1280x720 (If u have a 4:3 monitor like me, play games in windowed mode with this resoulution)
*Don't record gameplays with Hypercam/Camtasia etc. It doesn't turn out good.. I would suggest Fraps or Dxtory (mostly dxtory because it doesn't use that much memory from your pc or something)
*If you're gonna record for example minecraft, get the program called "Sizer" (search for it on google!) It sill let you choose the resolution of the game you're playing
*If you're gonna do commentary, make sure that the game volume isn't too loud.. We want to hear your voice! :D

Review guidelines:

This is pretty simple, don't complain you wanted to see CoD if the channel has never posted it in the past, be reasonable. If the person isn't the best gamer hen don't point it out, not all of us are amazing at games, and infact some people base their channel around being bad at games!

- A lot of gamers have TERRIBLE recording settings, so let them know how to improve these.
- Comment on the commentary, the audio quality etc
- Quality of title/description etc
- Does it hold your attention?

Those are just some basic guidelines :)

It's a win-win... so who's in? :D

Consolex

you can't fall off the floor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah those are good guidelines as they are based on presentation rather than the choice of content.

Krowwzz

^^ Cool Dude
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Okay so I'll let you guys loose on my video:

Give me some feedback! P.S There's a slight render mishap but I'm sure you can overlook that :p

Reactions: TC Powers