First 24hrs are the most important

Back when I had 25 subscribers one of my videos took off and got 20,000 views because it was centered around a trending topic. So it is possible for small channels. It just hasn't happened for you yet. Keep plugging away man.

I only have a few videos over 5K views, but all of them are "evergreen" topics, things that don't relate to what's in the news today, and people can gain information from whenever they see it. I think about all the sitcoms from the 80s that reference Reagan or Donna Rice or whatever, and think about who will remember that? I know YouTube videos are fleeting, but I'd rather be able to have something online for a long time than just chase after every event that happens. One approach isn't better than the other, I think, just different.

On Facebook the first 24 hours are very important. On YouTube I have not seen anything that backs that up.

The first 7 days YouTube gives new videos a bump up search rankings to see how they get clicks / retention time.

All my videos perform in the first 24 to 72 hours then die down. I might get one or two views from then on, but I know how well my video has done from the initial response on there. It all depends what type of videos you do. Mine are in series, by the time the next one comes out then the last one is pretty irrelevant. The new views on the old ones are the new people to the channel who are catching up but most people don't really bother and just join in late.

I'd have to disagree with the first 24 hours being the most important. All of my videos that took off to some degree took off long after they were uploaded.

Right, but that's not what we were talking about. This guy was saying that even with SEO, tagging, description, and promotion- even with all that- a small channel can't get a video off the ground.
I was simply showing evidence that this was false.

Right, but that's not what we were talking about. This guy was saying that even with SEO, tagging, description, and promotion- even with all that- a small channel can't get a video off the ground.
I was simply showing evidence that this was false.

Who said that exactly? If that post is in this thread I glanxed over it.

I've had yet another video recently that after 2 weeks had its view rate double, and then 5 days after that quadruple. So yeah, first day should not be your primary concern, the long-run should be.

Who said that exactly? If that post is in this thread I glanxed over it.

I've had yet another video recently that after 2 weeks had its view rate double, and then 5 days after that quadruple. So yeah, first day should not be your primary concern, the long-run should be.

"While this may be true, with a new channel, there is nothing you can do to ensure you get a high number of views for any given video"
Somewhere on page 2.
But it's all good. I'm not trying to start a food fight or anything.

I guess one reason the first 24 hours could be important is the subscription box.

I dont know how many people use it but thats my main tool when i'm thinking 'ok lets see what new videos are up today'.

Obviously in the sub box it only shows you all of the new videos from that day. Here people that are subbed to you can see your video and may click on it.

Passed that first day they actually have to go out of their way to go to your channel.

Almost all of my videos got the most views during the first 1-3 days upon uploading as I promote them in more and more places progressively until I run out of relevant places to promote it on, that's just me though.

Back