First 24hrs are the most important

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
So I'm not sure where I read this but I was reading something about youtube views and came arcoss somthing that said when you first upload the first 24hrs are the most important because it's new and you should get more views or something along the lines of that...

What do you guys think of this... I don't usually get many views the first 24hrs but after a few weeks the views start kicking in... maybe if you have like 10 million subscribers it would be important the first 24hrs

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you have a massive subscriber count yes. But if you are like you and I? A video can be discovered and pick up steam later on. Some of my car reviews and some of my cars and coffee videos have done exactly that. Suddenly picking up steam and now doing ~200-300 views in a 48 hour period. Those videos are carrying my channel now.

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
When you have a massive subscriber count yes. But if you are like you and I? A video can be discovered and pick up steam later on. Some of my car reviews and some of my cars and coffee videos have done exactly that. Suddenly picking up steam and now doing ~200-300 views in a 48 hour period. Those videos are carrying my channel now.
I hear ya... One video of mine got really popular out of nowhere.. I was getting like 1,000 views a day...it's still my number one video.. but when I first uploaded I would just get a few.

Reactions: TheDutchTexan

TopScienceFacts

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hmmm I would agree that first 24h is important, that's also the time when I personally advertise the link to my contacts :)

Reactions: GooberVlogs

ParoDeeJay

This Space Intentionally Left Blank...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
I've noticed videos having a little "new" symbol next to them in their first day of life, but I don't have the sub base enough to notice any sort of trend in analytics yet. I just tend to get more views on day one, simply because that's usually my one substantial social media push for that video, hah. But I sometimes get random weird spikes on videos that may be years old too, so who knows. :D

projectorgaming

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well the good news about youtube, is even if you only get 5 views on day 1, it will just keep compounding from here on out. I'm not sure if youtube ever deletes videos, but I know i've seen some at least 5-6 years old. One thing I like to do is adjust my title, tags, etc on older videos every now and again to perhaps reinvigorate traffic. That being said I think a large sub base is the key to getting lots of views in the first 24 hours. That or if your posting a video about some news topic, game release, etc that just happened. This though becomes increasingly difficult though for new game channels to try and "break out", because all the big game releases are in the hands of the large channels weeks or a month before the game releases to the public. I know dark souls 3 comes out mid april, and a big channel youtuber already has almost half the game played and posted. Hard to compete with that.

Uncivilized Elk

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For small channels this is completely false. For big channels, it's probably mostly true (I'd increase it to first 48 hours), but not always.

Reactions: GooberVlogs

GooberVlogs

Happy New Year
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Well the good news about youtube, is even if you only get 5 views on day 1, it will just keep compounding from here on out. I'm not sure if youtube ever deletes videos, but I know i've seen some at least 5-6 years old. One thing I like to do is adjust my title, tags, etc on older videos every now and again to perhaps reinvigorate traffic. That being said I think a large sub base is the key to getting lots of views in the first 24 hours. That or if your posting a video about some news topic, game release, etc that just happened. This though becomes increasingly difficult though for new game channels to try and "break out", because all the big game releases are in the hands of the large channels weeks or a month before the game releases to the public. I know dark souls 3 comes out mid april, and a big channel youtuber already has almost half the game played and posted. Hard to compete with that.
I agree...hard to compete sometimes when BIG game youtubers have deals and have the game before everyone else.. will already have a s**t ton of views of the game that nobody has yet

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

Kirgle

"taking a swipe at everything"
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find that after posting to twitter and reddit and face book most of my views come in the 48hrs after uploading.

But sometimes if the item catches on or is in the news it will stay steady for longer.