Experiment Channel

I have started a new experimental channel.

I created it last night / thought of a very basic idea / Knocked up channel art in Paint / Knocked up intro in Movie Maker / Created and scheduled the first 7 videos over the next 7 days.

I want to see how fast/slow I can reach 100subs/10'000views (And more if it goes OK) just by using what I have learned from this forum. IE Thumbnails / Titles / Description / Tags etc

I am not going to advertise the channel anywhere (Incl here) / just let it grow naturally (if its possible).

I will report back in a week. Wish me luck.

Now this sounds like fun! Let us know how it goes, man.

If your channel grows faster than mine I'm gonna be p****d! lol. Cool experiment though. Like was said before, it'll likely grow fast because you're covering something people are already searching for, rather than creating something new, but should be interesting to see what happens... especially when 100 or so people wake up and... "Wait, what happened to that channel I just subscribed to!?".

Its tough out there guys. Remember I am not advertising anywhere. Just the 'correct' usage of SEO.

In my first week I have earned a grand total of 15 views across all videos across 13 different countries.
Average retention up at 60%.
No comments / No likes / No subs
One of my vids has been picked up as a suggested video from a popular one.
Strangely I have been more excited about every view I have earned here compared to my 'main' channel.

I have now had 7 videos release as daily scheduled and uploaded a further 22 videos into the pool. I currently have more videos out there than I have views! And most of the videos without a single view.

In this coming week I will watch some other similar videos / make some sincere comments on other videos to see if that generates any views.[DOUBLEPOST=1506441114,1506440482][/DOUBLEPOST]I feel like each video uploaded is like a lottery ticket. The more tickets I have the better chance I have in winning the jackpot!

That sucks thanks for sticking with it though. I'm very glad you're doing this. I feel like this thread should be pushed up more, what you're testing has a lot of value although I wish I knew how you were doing SEO...

Such a cool idea, I've also thought about doing something like this but I'd be a bit miffed if after putting years into this channel, the second one takes off (though I'd probably just keep doing the same videos, so I guess it wouldn't matter?) quicker than this one (which is slow, but steadier, now).

I feel like each video uploaded is like a lottery ticket. The more tickets I have the better chance I have in winning the jackpot!
It seems like you are having a lot more fun with this channel than your own one xD But the results so far have been interesting, keep it up!

Back