Don't just make videos, become a Youtuber!

Panton

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So true, thanks.

Ltflufflezzzz

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is very helpful, I just started my youtube channel and it is not getting as many views as I hoped, I edit put effects into my videos and make topics that I think people would like. This really helped. thanks

Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I sort of agree and disagree at the same time.

The first video I made I didn't enjoy at all. I was self-conscious about the sound of my voice and nervous about so much new stuff I had to learn. But I wanted to DO youtube. I wanted to make videos.

And soon I was enjoying making videos too :dance:

I think the enjoyment comes with time. First you have to WANT to be a youtuber....

Furry Gurus

I'm a girl!
Reaction score
Well this has given me a lot of hope! After reading this I feel like I could consider myself to be in the "Youtuber"-category. Hooray!

Reactions: Panton

kankyo11

△ NooBie ♎ Neko ♏
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Guru, Vlogger, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
good thread

CMChase

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would sum this thread and the OP as motivational. Thinking about Youtube the way those points outline gives me some thought material on how to approach Youtube. Different people also have different goals on Youtube. I would simply start by getting to know all the possibilities, trips and tricks involved in order to make material people and I would enjoy and also knowing all the ways of delivering the material to them.
I do enjoy looking back at my older videos and having fun just watching them myself and hopefully they won't disappear anywhere as time goes by. Ever since I finished university (1 year ago) I have been looking for a new goal in life. Something challenging, something slightly out of my alleyway. As an IT person i do think i can rather comfortably handle most editors so the technical side won't stop me probably. I know I lack some artistic side in order to make some awesome logos/intros/outros but i am one of those people who thinks even art and a sense of good taste can be acquired over time.

Hmm, this post became a bit too me-focused but this thread just makes one want to express their thoughts on the subject.

One thing i would like to give as a potential useful input myself is that the art of performing is something that gets better with practice. I am not a native English speaker but during the time i streamed on Twitch (a time span of few months) i noticed the ability to talk fluently become easier and easier and it allowed to multitask better, meaning better game play and interaction with the viewers.

//CMChase

MostQuality

Reaction score
This advice really helped me (being a new youtuber) and hopefully if I follow these and keep on making good videos my channel will grow and I can become a real youtuber :)

Luceroboy

LooseArrowBoy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Other
I have a hard time learning from my mistakes or recognizing when I've made one. I get the mindset if I keep doing the same thing over and over again it'll just workout. Instead I should be trying to improve or change what I'm doing. It's just hard to discover what is working over what is not.

xAlien7

Reaction score
Those 10 tips on how to become a youtuber are very well said and are super helpful