Don't just make videos, become a Youtuber!

brotherwilber

Reaction score
I mostly post randomly, maybe I should reconsider something in writing because when I talk on the video I seem to drift off the topic but, when writing I can look back refocus get myself on topic again, not so with talking, my bad retention is my downfall. I don't do editing which is bad but, I never learned how also, I do have a video editor and also an audio one too but, I use the audio program "Audacity" more than "Openshot" the video editor.

Xenocorpse

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mostly post randomly, maybe I should reconsider something in writing because when I talk on the video I seem to drift off the topic but, when writing I can look back refocus get myself on topic again, not so with talking, my bad retention is my downfall. I don't do editing which is bad but, I never learned how also, I do have a video editor and also an audio one too but, I use the audio program "Audacity" more than "Openshot" the video editor.
I mainly use audacity, as it provides me with a noise removal tool! Camtasia Studio is really easy and powerful to use if you're willing to invest in it.

Khappa

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Musician, Vlogger
Im new here ... but what you say it sounds very helpful.

radex78

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sometime look videos that already more than 1k views , i don't know how these videos getting so many views , i am trying upload video but only get views less than 100 views lol

Okari

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You should add that you need a thick hide and not to let dislikes or bad comments discourage you. YouTubers do what they do because they love it, they have a passion to share whether it be gaming, cooking, vlogging or doing tricks of a trampoline. Whatever niche they're in they're in it because it makes them happy and they want to share that with the world! It's not always easy and the last thing you should be doing is trying to make viral videos. Just do what you love! :D

RANtheMAN

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like your points and you give some sound advice, it really is all about how much effort you put into your videos and channels. Because there are hundreds of thousands of other channels just like yours.

Reactions: Colormyfootsteps

FFSLetsPlay

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
You may have already seen this tip or not but I'll say it anyway. I created 3 to 4 Outlast videos in one night. I would then edit them the next day.
But never ever record chunks of games in 1 day! You'll lose focus and things to say or even what ever on the video. So it's always best to refresh your brain to create better videos.

Anyway if you're recording in one night remember this tip, this may be funny to some people: Change your t-shirt each video (I had failed to do this lol)

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
When you post videos on YouTube you are a YouTuber. Don't ever alienate others that are just there to share their visual content with no expectations on becoming the hottest thing on the Tube.

You sir... are the fool here.

Psytrux

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think a great key factor you could have added is consistency. I've seen a lot of people blindly put up videos (everyone has done this at least once) and after a few months they will get discouraged and stop doing everything altogether. What separates someone who posts videos and someone who is a youtuber is someone who will keep posting and learning even if they had a mishap or a "bad video". Consistency and learning from your mistakes are key to everything that you want to be successful in :)

CreepyMeow

Cat Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Animator
Good tut, good tut.
A lot of people don't really understand the difference. The most important part is '5. Your not some god, your just a person like everyone else (keep that in mind)'