Famebit
  1. Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Dismiss Notice

Don't Be Afraid To Make A Thumbnail

Discussion in 'Branding & Design' started by Vlaerth, Dec 31, 2013.

1. ricky fitts ravera
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $84
    Very true: sometime I watch a video just because the thumbnail is catchy

2. WaveMedicine
    Short 3-5 minute "funtage" gaming videos.
    Cash:
    $80
    I honestly don't even bother clicking a video with no custom thumbnail. So yes, don't be afraid! They really do matter. The sayings, "do not judge a book by it's cover", "it's the inside that matters, not the outside", etc., does not apply when it comes to YouTube! Everything matters.

ricky fitts ravera likes this.
  3. Messages:
    Most thumbnails are looking generic; cookie-cutter with no personality - especially the gaming channel ones.

Many look exactly the same! :p

4. nikkisy
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $77
    Thanks for the tips! I make DIY videos so far, so having catching thumbnails it's very important, I think. But I'm working on finding a style for myself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 16, 2015 ---
    I think when you see a video with no custom thumbnail, you believe content will be low quality. Thumbnails are like the presentation card.

5. astrotelecast
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $64
    I suggest making a template so your channel brand has some continuity. It also speeds things up allowing you to spend time on the more important things.

6. Tremil
    Loving YTtalk
    Cash:
    $56
    how are mine ?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] ,
    I chose 3 random ones with different styles ... Which is the best ?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 14, 2015, Original Post Date: Jul 14, 2015 ---
    And IK there is a typo :) (ignore it )

7. JordanBlower
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $71
    I've got a thing with sticking emoji stickers on mine. They're relatable, tells the audience what emotion you're feeling and add a little spice to your thumbnail straight away.

Tremil likes this.
  8. Daniolo
    Cash:
    $30
    I think once you know how to make a thumbnail, everything's fine and easy. Like some have said, it needs to stand out from the others. If you are having trouble, add a better background or explore different fonts, try anything to make your videos more attractive!

OzTalksHw likes this.
  9. Akim bolduc dicks
    I Love YTtalk
    Cash:
    $137
    Absolutely! Thanks pixlr is a awesome tool for making thumbnails for free! :)

10. Doomkey
    Liking YTtalk
    Cash:
    $45
    I just started to do this with Gimp. The thumbnails I create right now are pretty garbage but I feel like i'm slowly getting better at it. I just need to focus on less is more and find those things that are really eye popping and will draw viewers in. Would you mind going to look at my thumbnails and telling me what you think? Maybe tell me which one you like most and I could try to stick with that style too if you could. Or let me know what I could do to improve if you don't mind terribly.