Don't Be Afraid To Make A Thumbnail

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
People are afraid to make thumbnails? :O_o2: There are plenty of tutorials out there, and even apps that simplify the process. Even adding a word or two of big, eye catching text is better than nothing and will make your thumbnail so much more attention-grabbing. And that's super easy. No need to be afraid!

Fonts. Fonts can make or break a thumbnail, it's really important that the font you use is very visible and legible. DO NOT USE THE DEFAULT FONTS.
This is important. While there are some apps like Phonto that have good ones, the default fonts on your computer are not very interesting. It only takes a few minutes to find and download a much more interesting font online!

CraftersMagicYT

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well i'm not afraid to make thumbnails, I just can't really put the time into thumbnails, and if I do make thumbnails, I at least want to spend half an hour on them (Why? Well, my thumbnail creator who makes them for me has sick thumbs and spends at least half an hour if not an hour on every one of them, so it takes time) it takes time, time that I don't really have, school, testing, graduating to high-school, and much more bleh bleh

Reactions: Sir_Reyz

Sir_Reyz

The Game Traveler
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well i'm not afraid to make thumbnails, I just can't really put the time into thumbnails, and if I do make thumbnails, I at least want to spend half an hour on them (Why? Well, my thumbnail creator who makes them for me has sick thumbs and spends at least half an hour if not an hour on every one of them, so it takes time) it takes time, time that I don't really have, school, testing, graduating to high-school, and much more bleh bleh
Yeah I can understand that... Do you do series on your YouTube channel? If you do have series, consider making one nice thumbnail and change the number/ image per episode. That's what I do, and it keeps the amount per editing down. But I do understand that. Keep up the good work tho!

CraftersMagicYT

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah I can understand that... Do you do series on your YouTube channel? If you do have series, consider making one nice thumbnail and change the number/ image per episode. That's what I do, and it keeps the amount per editing down. But I do understand that. Keep up the good work tho!
thanks man!!!

Reactions: Sir_Reyz

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yep, take the time to learn how to make one single thumbnail, and then base all of them off that. Only takes a few minutes to make one after that.

ItsMythix

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
best application for photos/ thumbnails is photoshop

nerer

Reaction score
Guys,I just made thumbnail myself but can't see option to upload it.
Maybe that's because I'mnot a youtube partner yet?
It's really frustrating

BernieTheTree

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I find thumbnails are fairly easy to make. Just be honest and make somethin that youd click on yourself

Inspired

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Guys,I just made thumbnail myself but can't see option to upload it.
Maybe that's because I'mnot a youtube partner yet?
It's really frustrating
No, you don't need to be a partner to upload a thumbnail. It should be right there on the bottom when uploading your video.