Does appearance matter?

It depends on your niche and audience. And if you came from a site (ie/ gaia) and thousands of people know you then it may not matter. There are plenty of people who aren't good looking to me like the amazing athiest who happen to have a good following because of their content.

Unfortunately, yes. But I think on youtube, people tend to be a little bit more forgiving and give you a chance because we can actually see your personality opposed to on Instagram where its only pictures, for the most part. You have nothing to worry about though you are pretty :)
Honestly I was worried about putting myself on YT for a long time because I know I'm not what society deems as conventionally beautiful. But I'm still learning to love myself and so far I'm doing okay.

We definitely have some successful YouTubers that are not particularly attractive, but are still able to make it. Same goes for Hollywood. So, I don't think it matters to much, as long as you are good at what you do.
Way to hit the nail on the head!
I believe personality is what matters at the end of the day. You can be really good looking..but if you're mean I could literally care less about that person let alone subscribe to them. My opinion though.

Depends on genre. Mine doesnt matter.
Beauty genre I would certainly imagine so.

For the most part I think it's important. Think of any truly successful channel. It's always got the creators person/professional touch. First impressions count, if they click on your channel before someone watches your videos they will see everything else and it may be the difference between them giving you a chance or going elsewhere.

So I know that appearance doesn't really matter all the time, we have a bounce of gifted youtubers to prove that. It's just a topic I'm curious about what others think. In my opinion, for example in the beauty field which requires to show your face a lot, I think people actually care a little bit if you look "pretty" or not. I might be thinking wrong. What do you guys think:does appearance affect your views/subscribers in any way?

A degree of beauty does matter but someone who isn't "beautiful" to the masses in whatever terms you want to describe it can also make it, just might be a slight hump to make it through though. If you are entertaining enough, it's not the DEFINING reason if you can be successful but it def. does not hurt to look good.

Depends on the niche but I'm pretty sure that an 18-year old attractive girl will almost always have her benefits over an average looking guy. Like...some people will only watch her videos to see her and to try to get a sneak peak on her décolletage.

Back