Does appearance matter?

Becky Keegan

The Nerd Of YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
Personally, I don't wear makeup, I don't even style my hair, and I do worry what others think of me when they see this, it's just something that you have to bear, as you shouldn't change yourself for anyone.

Tabbes

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Cartoonist
People do tend to click based on appearance sometimes.. for example the ASMR videos. I've noticed the pattern that it's usually the thumbnails that have the most tending to appearance which gets more views.
But after that click, it's all about the content you share.

Nathan Williams

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
So I know that appearance doesn't really matter all the time, we have a bounce of gifted youtubers to prove that. It's just a topic I'm curious about what others think. In my opinion, for example in the beauty field which requires to show your face a lot, I think people actually care a little bit if you look "pretty" or not. I might be thinking wrong. What do you guys think:does appearance affect your views/subscribers in any way?
I don't think appearance affects your views or subscriber count. The best thing to do is record in something you feel comfortable in. It mostly matters if you do beauty or fashion videos tbh.

CMTXRATED

I Is Batman
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer
So I know that appearance doesn't really matter all the time, we have a bounce of gifted youtubers to prove that. It's just a topic I'm curious about what others think. In my opinion, for example in the beauty field which requires to show your face a lot, I think people actually care a little bit if you look "pretty" or not. I might be thinking wrong. What do you guys think:does appearance affect your views/subscribers in any way?
You don't need to be pretty to show your face on YouTube, + people see pretty in many different ways

CandyPhantom

"Random" is my second name
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
On beauty and vlog channels, I think people DO click for their videos because they're pretty. However on other niches, appearance doesn't really matter. It's mostly depends on how intertaining you are

Loery Potpie

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Animator
I do think there are people who subscribe to you if you look pretty, however, it certanly doesn´t mean that you have lesse change if you don´t. There will always be people who look more to talent and personality then looks.

Christian Adams

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger
I don't think that being attractive on Youtube is needed to be successful but I think at this point where it's such a saturated platform people are drawn to more attractive people and more attractive thumbnails. At the same rate I think that people who are more "average" are more relatable and that's something that viewers look for as well. I think it all depends?

dawn.p

Reaction score
the question your asking kinda goes both way and Im not saying it matters to me but YouTubers and people in general are kinda judgmental so when they see someone in a video they expect to see someone that they'll look forward on watching on a regular basis, you don't have to look like a model to make people like you its pretty much based on the amount confidence you have for your self.

But this is all easy for me to say because i make my videos behind a theme character .

GucciCarry

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Eh that depends really but for the most part no. If you're entertaining enough and have a great personality nobody will care.

Cristy Ella

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It depends. If you have something else that people come for then you should be fine. Look at amazing athiests. He is not very pretty but people come to him for his outspokeness, his witt and his comedy.