Do you watch your own Videos sometimes?

KingUsher

I've Got It
I have noticed that in the past i didn't like watching my videos but now am actually enjoying listening to myself rumbling on and on in my videos....did this happen to any of you guys?is it a phase most youtubers go through as they improve?

I do it mostly at the beginning before uploading to see, if it fits my quality standard I set for my channel.
Like this one video took 3-4 days to make, since I worked hard to make my commentary decent or good.
Now it took quite a while and thank God the subscribers are patient which I thank them for allowing me some time.
I did that, because I'm great at technical side since I have Adobe packet, but I want it good on every aspect of the video like editing, commentary, quality, length etc

Also since subscribers will hear my commentary style and voice for the first time, so i wanted to make it worth to watch.

I don't know if this is a valid answer, but since my videos are basically music, I do "listen" to them a bit :D And I always find that it fluctuates seemingly at random, one day I'll be listening to my stuff and vibing with it, other times I'll be too embarrassed to even finish a song, lol :D I guess, in my case at least, the brain just randomly goes into Dissecting Mode or Chill Out Mode, thus affecting the experience of consuming your own content

I do go back and watch some of my videos because they're vlogs and awesome memories. Like a new age photo album! It's pretty cool to document and look back on.

I watch myself to see if I'm getting to the point of rambling on or to see sometimes if I've edited the video correctly, at first I didn't like seeing myself and was very shy when recording in public, not so much any more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. I usually watch one again one or two times before uploading, then every now and then afterwards for a short while. I like to see what could have gone better and if it still holds up well when I look back at it now.

I edit my videos, then caption them and that's the last time I really watch them back unless there's something in particular I want to check or I'm in a rare mood to see one again. Sometimes my family will want to watch them when I'm around but I don't usually go back to them myself.

Back