Do you upgrade old thumbnails?

Franklin

Yugituber
Lately, I have been removing my old thumbnails and replacing them with new pictures. My new thumbnails are an improvement from my earlier thumbnails. Most of the old thumbnails are pretty bad. You may not be able to read any text on a few of them. I decided to use the same style from my new videos for my old videos. Maybe these older videos can gain a few more views with a better preview.

Last edited:
Lately, I have been removing my old thumbnails and replacing them with new pictures. My new thumbnails are an improvement from my earlier thumbnails. Most of the old thumbnails are pretty bad. You may not be able to read any text on a few of them. I decided to use the same style from my new videos for my old videos. Maybe these older videos can gain a few more videos with a better preview.
I've been pondering this idea as well in hopes that it would increase views. Has it been successful for you?

I've upgraded many of mine, but I purposely leave my old videos looking bad intentionally, especially the ones that don't appear in search. In Psychology, there's something called Contrast misreaction bias. If you wanna make a house look big, compare it to a tent. If you wanna make the same house look small, then compare it to a skyscraper. I want viewers to see my new thumbnail and make them see that I've come a long way with my channel and that I make the effort to improve.

I will update mine once Ive made ones I really like and want to use but for now Ive left them with what I originally made. Will update further as I get more into editing and promoting my channel

Lately, I have been removing my old thumbnails and replacing them with new pictures. My new thumbnails are an improvement from my earlier thumbnails. Most of the old thumbnails are pretty bad. You may not be able to read any text on a few of them. I decided to use the same style from my new videos for my old videos. Maybe these older videos can gain a few more videos with a better preview.
I always try and got back and tweak old videos tags, descriptions and thumbnails slowly over time. I focus on my top 10/20 most views videos as they will have the best results but it also gives you a chance to get your branding in the thumbnails.

I've been pondering this idea as well in hopes that it would increase views. Has it been successful for you?

I have not noticed an increase in views. I just started this little project to where it goes. It's a lost for me if I do not see a large increase in views. My main goal is to make my channel look more professional.

I have upgraded some. If I get a better idea for what might help promote what the video is about I will change it for sure. Sometimes I have a great idea for the thumbnail and I'll work on that while I'm producing the video. Other times I'll be uploading my video and scrambling to whip something up. In that case I'll certainly go back and clean it up. I've also changed some because I decided to rename or rebrand the videos. You can do it as much as you want, so why not experiment and see what works. As long as you're having fun. Good luck.

Back