Do you upgrade old thumbnails?

Xaenca

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've been thinking about this recently, and I suppose the popularity of the video would determine whether or not I do.

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
It took about 5 videos to land on a style so I fixed the few others from before to look uniform. I recommend it

Aisha DeBurr

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'd say leave it and just try to get better with the next video's thumbnail. This one's my favorite thumbnail

dreambridgelists

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
After a couple months you'll see an improvement can make a huge difference, so i highly recommend you revisit your old thumbnails

Mirandapanda

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If I think it's worth it and the thumbnail has big flaws, I'll update it. If the quality of your thumbnails has improved a lot, updating old thumbnails is a great way to drive some more traffic to old videos over time.

SnoopingTurtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I tend to update my older thumbnails whenever I redesign my thumbnail template to keep everything looking organized and stuff :)

iGM

That Scottish Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For me, I will replace the thumbnails of my more popular videos (if they need it). Otherwise I just leave them the way they are.
My only exception being if an older video is starting to pick up views again.

Cly_Faker

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
I may change the thumbs on the videos from after my reboot, but my older videos can stay the way they are. It all depends on if the videos start getting views.

ProjectJamesify

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I don't, but this is actually a pretty cool idea. It could bring some life to your older videos.

Then again, my old videos are getting literally 0 views, as they probably should. So for me it's not an option right now, but thanks for the idea. It's something that I can work on later, you know, when I've got older videos that are actually not terrible l0l

Franklin

Yugituber
Reaction score
Website
awesomecardgames.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't, but this is actually a pretty cool idea. It could bring some life to your older videos.

Then again, my old videos are getting literally 0 views, as they probably should. So for me it's not an option right now, but thanks for the idea. It's something that I can work on later, you know, when I've got older videos that are actually not terrible l0l
Older videos should still get a few views. One of my oldest videos is still my most watched video on the channel. I need to make a proper thumbnail for it.