Do you think there's an ultimate formula to Youtube success?

While there is no formula to ultimate success for every channel and some channels may perform well without any formula there a some best practices that simply will work in the long run.
Make video about anything that is trending on YouTube or reddit, add some sex, controversy, thumbnails with red circles and arrows and you are good to go. Make sure to use keywords that are searched and relevant to your video in title, description, tags and captions to get traffic from search. Share the videos in communities that are interested in the content of your video to get some initial momentum. Top X and pet videos perform well.
So there definitely is a way to guaranteed success on YouTube it's just not that everybody wants to follow it.

I'm still fairly new, but i've been increasingly frustrated of late with my lack of subscribers. I'm going to keep on trying though, and looking to improve every video. This is a great community and i hope luck comes to all of you.

If you're a vlogger, I think a lot of it has to do with making friends who are also vloggers and featuring each other a lot. Whether it be in "formal" videos or just hanging around town, being surrounded by friends brings out the best if you have a good personality. Plus, linking each other's channels doesn't hurt :)

I think luck does play quite a large role, but doing all the things you're told to do.. (tagging, decent titles, nice thumbnails etc) Helps a lot, as well as being engaged in the community (genuine comments etc on others videos).
But I also think it's important you are offering some videos on your channel that you know people would search for on youtube. You need to generate content people are interested in, and share information they could use/are looking for.

I am no pro (far from it), but thats what I think works, or at least what has worked for me so far. But if anyone find any miracle solution please share. :)

It's a slow process but its like a ball, its starts of slow but the rate you grow at should get quicker and quicker as your subscribers increase. (So I am told).

Everyone talks about having a good schedule, using certain keywords in the title, descriptions and tags, interacting with your fanbase... But is there truly a way to make a Youtube channel successful, or if anything, make it grow much more?

Personally, I think luck has a lot to do with it, as well as what kind of content you're trying to post. It's quite frustrating to see awesome videos though being unknown simply because of a factor of luck, or for an insignificant flaw.

What's everyone's opinion on the subject? I myself have taken action by creating a channel to feature underrated creators, but I'm not sure if that's going to help much, if my channel itself is not known either ^^

I definitely believe their is a formula and the key is to get exposure from a good/credited source. I had one video i promoted everywhere and it was not getting any views. Then we sent it to the news and they showed it on air and now it's at close to 2 million views. Then i had another video with the same situation. I posted it everywhere (including reddit) and it got no love. Then one day a popular redditor posted it and it had 100million facebook views, 250k youtube views in just 2 weeks.
It doesn't matter how good your videos are, you need an outside source to send people to your channel (until you get enough subscribers that share your videos)..

I definitely believe their is a formula and the key is to get exposure from a good/credited source. I had one video i promoted everywhere and it was not getting any views. Then we sent it to the news and they showed it on air and now it's at close to 2 million views. Then i had another video with the same situation. I posted it everywhere (including reddit) and it got no love. Then one day a popular redditor posted it and it had 100million facebook views, 250k youtube views in just 2 weeks.
It doesn't matter how good your videos are, you need an outside source to send people to your channel (until you get enough subscribers that share your videos)..

That's interesting, but I guess it depends on the kind of content. It's possible that if a rather big Youtube channel gives you exposure you will grow, but sometimes even through that kind of attention you get lost in the dark again.

There's a cool Nike quote that goes:

"Luck is the last dying wish for those who believe winning can happen by accident. Sweat on the other hand is for those who know it's a choice"

I like to believe that with enough hard work and never giving up you can beat 'luck'. It's really all about what you want at the end of the day. What is your passion and are you willing to push it to the end even when the world is against you.

Back