Im just curious. I just turned mine off for the first time to do a test and see if I'll get more views/subs because people don't know how many subs I already have.

I've heard a lot of people say that other people can be turned away from a channel just because of your sub count.

So, do you have yours on or off, and do you think it makes a difference?
I have my sub count on and I actually think it would kind of make a difference when you don't show it... Don't know exactly what the difference would be but I think there is

I would recommend leaving it on. Yes, there have been people turned away by low subscriber numbers, but chances are, seeing as they already are at your channel, they will look at your content. Then the quality of your content is all that matters. When I see someone who hides their sub count, it usually means one out of two things. Either:
1. They have a low sub count, and don't want to display that until they hit their goal
or
2. They are losing subscribers and don't want people to know
Both of these things make me less inclined to watch a channel, although not all channels who turn off sub count are necessarily one of the two options. Finally, when I subscribe to a (smaller) channel, I like to see that I'm making a difference by seeing the sub count go up. That's my opinion! Thanks for reading, it got a bit long there :p

Personal preference but I think turning it off is b******t. Be honest. Be proud to show you have 1 subscriber because that 1 subscriber has shown they care about you.

I keep mine on. I figure it's something that some people are interested in, and if someone's going to avoid my channel because I haven't crossed some magical, acceptable threshold for subscribers in their minds, they're probably not going to be too interested in my content anyway.

the thing for me is why hide it? you trying to put yourself out there on the internet let everyone see you for you be honest with people and I think it will be better to show it for everyone

I can't think of any good reason why to turn it off really, can only think of nefative effects by turning it off.

Back