Do you show your sub count??

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Im just curious. I just turned mine off for the first time to do a test and see if I'll get more views/subs because people don't know how many subs I already have.

I've heard a lot of people say that other people can be turned away from a channel just because of your sub count.

So, do you have yours on or off, and do you think it makes a difference?

PositivelyBrainwashed

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I wouldn't advice to turn off your sub count. It makes people suspicious. People like transparency and often associate sub count with authority. Like I'd be very hesitant to subscribe to a channel who makes a video called, "How to get 10,000 subs" but hides their sub count. By all means turn it off and test it, but I'm pretty sure it does more harm than good.

MattyGreen

Music and Mess...
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
We have both of ours turned on. I just like being honest with our audience, plus it lets people who like being part of a channel from the beginning the opportunity to know that they were one of the first 100.

TheSuperFunArt

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
i never tried turning my subcount off, but i always have it showing publicly because i think it's fun.

Reactions: KantoGaming

BMHD

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I wouldn't advise turning it off because people won't trust since you don't trust them with this information. Actually if you go on Socialblade you can still see how many subscribers you had before you turned it off but since then it doesn't count and it sais that you have 0.

Reactions: KantoGaming

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Can quite easily tell how many subs you likely have by the views. Looking at your view stats, I'd say less than 100 subs. There's no point hiding it, viewers may be turned off asking 'why hide it?' If someone likes your content and personality, they will sub irrespective of 100, 500, or 2000 subs. If you hide it, that puts some doubt in their minds.

KantoGaming

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't advice to turn off your sub count. It makes people suspicious. People like transparency and often associate sub count with authority. Like I'd be very hesitant to subscribe to a channel who makes a video called, "How to get 10,000 subs" but hides their sub count. By all means turn it off and test it, but I'm pretty sure it does more harm than good.
That's honestly what I've thought. I've come across channels that don't have sub counts on and I've thought, hmmm.. Are they ashamed? Lol[DOUBLEPOST=1471477681,1471477660][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can quite easily tell how many subs you likely have by the views. Looking at your view stats, I'd say less than 100 subs. There's no point hiding it, viewers may be turned off asking 'why hide it?' If someone likes your content and personality, they will sub irrespective of 100, 500, or 2000 subs. If you hide it, that puts some doubt in their minds.
I actually have almost 400 subs lol.

The Cold Abyss

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have my sub count on, I like 2 see how many I get in general but to be exact usually I check it for subs daily. I thinks its good 2 keep it on 2 remind you that you'll usually have a set amount of views and loyalists.

Spolt

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I prefer it to be on because people would soon think there is something wrong with my YouTube channel. It is like a steam account, if you have it on private people would be more likely to avoid it or think it is suspicious.