Do you respond to negative comments?

Erm no lol, I dont have time for that. Constructive criticism? Yes all the way? Trolling and whatnot that doesnt help my channel whatsoever? Bye lol. I dont delete it unless its downright inappropriate, but I dont respond either, there is absolutely no point in feeding them.

Hey everyone

Whenever I receive a comment, I always reply. I've received some constructive critisism and replied with something like "I'll work on it" etc.

However, I guess there comes a time when every youtuber were receives a negative comment that isn't constructive, but just plain mean.

My question is do you reply to these comments? Are there certain ones you just ignore completely?

Thanks all!
Best to you :)

I haven't received a negative comment yet but if I do I would probably reply to them :)

Either I delete them, or I just really have a great respond for them to feel bad and they never reply again lol. The ones that are not so bad, ill just leave them on the page, its fine to have some negative ones.

Yes I do comment on them. Here sample from a few days ago:
"really bad accent... stop doing english videos, pls"
"Oh wow, what a sad life I would have, if I would limit myself that much. Only doing things I am perfect in and never trying out something new."

To be real honest, if someone is negative towards me I always think '' shame to be you '' Remove his comment and move on. If it is constructive critiscm I reply to them thanking that person for his opinion. Why you might ask? Well you show that you listen to the people who watch your video's this will get you further on Youtube.

There's no time to really respond to those since those guys just wanna poke some fun at you. Don't give em your time of day if they're just being flat out rude.

I don't usually get negative comments, in fact I don't really get many comments at all (apart from one or two regular viewers)
Any negative comments i've got, I either delete them or reply back with a sarcastic comment, to be honest

I've been fortunate to not receive too many Hate Comments yet, but when I do get them I tend to just thank them for their time and for giving my video a chance, because I realize "Hey" my videos aren't going to be for everybody and that's ok.

What I won't tolerate for is people going into my comments and making comments about my family or if anyone starts harassing other people in the comments (which has happened before).

Fortunately I'm one of those people who doesn't really take mean comments on the internet to heart, so I feel even if I were to get them more often I'd be a twinge bit disheartened, but not ultimately upset.

All depends on the comment, I guess. I mean we all know a lot of "haters" nowadays are only doing it out of boredom, so why even sweat it.

If it's constructive criticism then yes. If it's an insult towards me that comes off very ignorant and unnecessary, then no. There's no point of wasting time and energy on someone at another side of a computer screen.

Back