Do you respond to negative comments?

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yes, i agree with you. In that case just delete :)
Yeah pretty much.
I hate when I get people telling me how to make my videos better while also insulting me. Usually they have hardly any subs and really terrible videos lol, so I tell them to work on their channel before criticizing successful ones.

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There are 2 options I employ depending on the type of comment:

1. Delete them, I simply have no time to deal with negativity that has no path to positivity (aha hate comments).
2. Reply to them, either thanking them for their constructive criticism or trolling them if it was a hate comment because I enjoy doing that sometimes too.

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
sometimes, I can't help but respond to few of them and then blocked their names so they can't comment to me anymore. Sometimes I don't and leave their comment in my video/s and reply to other comment to make them feel I ignore them - this b*tch you deserve it - kidding aside but why watch if you don't like my style of editing grrrhhh.

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, exactly. People say things are clickbait even if they're not. I always get these types of accusations unfortunately. I have a lot of old videos that are outdated, so people watching them now think they're clickbait. For example, a video might show you how to get 10,000 gold in a game, but a year later the guide will only bring in 5,000 gold because the game has changed...because I made a lot of gold guides, people claim it's clickbait when they see it long after I uploaded it.

Yesterday though, it was on a new compilation video that had nothing clickbaity about it!

Lmao, it was music from NCS (NoCopyrightSounds). I guess he hates electronic style music!
LOOOL thats so funny, the video was made a YEAR ago and they still complain.. T___T people need to check themselves before they wreck themselves D:< and electronic is nice ^^

GeekyNet

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
LOOOL thats so funny, the video was made a YEAR ago and they still complain.. T___T people need to check themselves before they wreck themselves D:< and electronic is nice ^^
Yeah, it's actually pretty ridiculous. I have told some people "hey, it's an old video..." and I've gotten responses full of swears telling me to change the title, thumbnail, and description. I used to respond by telling them that I have hundreds of videos and it's unreasonable for me to change all of them. For good reason too! A lot of times my old guides DO work for years, and sometimes even if they stop being as great (for in-game things) they come back in the future as good guides... Game markets change so sometimes my old guides make a comeback. I love when that happens - so many views! So, I tried to tell people that. Also, I usually never revisited things I did in the game once I made a guide. Sometimes I did, but I preferred to explore new aspects of the game and play it the way I like rather than doing what I had done before. Because of this, it would be fairly time consuming to revisit each part of the game that I had made a guide about to check if it still worked. So, I keep the video titles, thumbnails, and descriptions the same. I also no longer reply to comments telling me it doesn't work unless I have a good amount of spare time and I'm in a good mood lol.

All in all, I don't mind scooping thousands of views from old videos that don't work anymore... I sort of feel bad, but...
I'm guessing I probably get at least 100,000 views per year from videos that are outdated to be honest... I don't know, but I checked two older videos on my channel and one of my videos has gotten around 25,000 views in the last 6 months, which is when it became outdated & non-working. The other one has gotten 7,000 views in the last year, which is around when it became outdated. Pretty much all of the outdated videos are getting thousands of views per year...and I have over 300 videos so around 100 videos can be considered completely outdated/not useful, and around another 100 are not as important as they used to be because the game has moved on.

This just happened 42 minutes ago on my old video...lol

CountingStars

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@GeekyNet oh wow, they swear at you? D: im not big enough to get those types of comments yet so i feel a little blessed. Not sure how i'd respond to people blatantly insulting me. But i think that it depends on the type of videos you make as well that you attract certain types of trolls. (i wont go further into this part because i might generalise too much). For the most part, people tend to bring those down around them to bring the other to their perceived level to make them feel good about themselves. I think you're doing such an awesome job at almost 8k subbies and your commentary i.e. the first bits were quite engaging xD sadly, not the type of videos i watch but i still find them interesting.
I think its good not to go back and change them especially when you are the type "to explore new aspects of the game and play it the way I like rather than doing what I had done before." I mean if a lot of the times you're just fixing your old videos, and you dont enjoy that stuff, what's the point of even creating when you end up not enjoying what you're doing? :D

Anyway, you've got a really nice channel xD

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
I delete any comment I feel negative or unnecessary.

Helen Czap

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
No I don't respond unless I have something really witty to reply back. And I don't delete them either.

JesusGreen

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Constructive criticism I'll take to heart and learn from. If it's just a hate comment, I click the 3 dots to the right hand side of the comment, and click "Hide user from channel". This prevents them from commenting again.

If you allow people to post hate comments etc it just looks like you don't really moderate your comments and so anything goes. So it just attracts more of the same. If you remove the offending users quickly then it prevents the problem from escalating.

If it's a troll but it's not just plain hate and there's some humour to be seen in it, then I might try and post a funny response or something, but otherwise, the comment will disappear pretty quick.

David Perez

I've Got It
Reaction score
Not really just annoyed them and most of the time they are fake accounts
But i appreciate the good ones Really