Do you keep old video files after uploading?

We have at least triple redundancy on everything...you don't want to lose stuff forever.

I can see the need to keep them but I personally dont keep anything and in 3/4 years of 'YouTubing' dont remember thinking 'I wish I kept that'

We keep everything, but then again we do some "Compilation" videos sometimes, as I have heard youtube likes for you to reuse videos.. not sure how true that it though..

There's an folder on my desktop where I keep my videos that are on my channel. If I am running out of storage on my laptop I'll put them in an folder to upload on my mediafire account. Right now I'm fine on storage on my laptop.

Myself i would delete my videos, because if you need them then you will just have to use youtube to video, i know it is illegal but you cant get done for using it so, you could use that

Thanks Giraffe

I used to keep all the raw files, but as it takes up tons of space I nowadays only keep the finished videos and the raw footage of "special" stuff, such as drone footage, action cam footage, time lapses etc. So basically stuff I could possibly use as B-roll in other projects or that is otherwise hard to get. All my vlog rants are easy enough to replicate so I'm not bothering with those apart from travel footage as that is again harder to get.

I keep all of the "raw footage" on external hard drives as I never know if I might need it again in the future if I'm doing some sort of montage, channel trailer, look back video. Also I keep copies of the finished product on external hard drives also.

i like to delete the face recordings and the fraps recordings but the full rendered footage, i do keep! kinda like proof that i have made that video and stuff :D

Back