Do you keep old video files after uploading?

babyteeth4

Taking over the world... ...one kid at a time!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We have at least triple redundancy on everything...you don't want to lose stuff forever.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I can see the need to keep them but I personally dont keep anything and in 3/4 years of 'YouTubing' dont remember thinking 'I wish I kept that'

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
We keep everything, but then again we do some "Compilation" videos sometimes, as I have heard youtube likes for you to reuse videos.. not sure how true that it though..

AngelineCommander

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
There's an folder on my desktop where I keep my videos that are on my channel. If I am running out of storage on my laptop I'll put them in an folder to upload on my mediafire account. Right now I'm fine on storage on my laptop.

TheExplodingGiraffe

Reaction score
Myself i would delete my videos, because if you need them then you will just have to use youtube to video, i know it is illegal but you cant get done for using it so, you could use that

Thanks Giraffe

sipilatommi

Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I used to keep all the raw files, but as it takes up tons of space I nowadays only keep the finished videos and the raw footage of "special" stuff, such as drone footage, action cam footage, time lapses etc. So basically stuff I could possibly use as B-roll in other projects or that is otherwise hard to get. All my vlog rants are easy enough to replicate so I'm not bothering with those apart from travel footage as that is again harder to get.

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I keep all my files, just so in 2 years time I can look back and laugh.:happy2:

DanAwesomeStuff

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I keep all of the "raw footage" on external hard drives as I never know if I might need it again in the future if I'm doing some sort of montage, channel trailer, look back video. Also I keep copies of the finished product on external hard drives also.

JayPlaysOfficial

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
i like to delete the face recordings and the fraps recordings but the full rendered footage, i do keep! kinda like proof that i have made that video and stuff :D

scott faulknor

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I put them on my external hard drive. But I can see if I keep all of them, my hard drive is going to get full pretty fast