Hot Topic Demonetization / "under review" (**DISCUSSION HERE ONLY**)

Mark Stise

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately Youtube gets to make its own rules.
I have 2 channels
A Star Wars one (Mostly Clone Wars music videos) So I expected a lot of demonetization
A Chatting with Mark Stise channel where I can chat about different things. (this has mostly Royalty free content in video or music)
So yes something I have to fight Youtube on something the say isn't royalty free.
That unfortunately is simply the way it is.
If there was a link to your channel I might be able to give a better explanation then that.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I now have too many videos to worry about the 1% that are demonetised. The difference it seems is that I know why they are demonetised. I used rique thumbnails on them. I have changed those out and slowly getting monetised again. Only 1 video was deemed not approriate for ads after manual checking.

Its a good idea to reupload though. Ive done that in the past with positive results.

Reactions: genp

genp

Reaction score
@EVO

Thank you so much. I was pretty sure that there were nothing wrong with my videos. That's why I used to apply for manual reviews whenever vid demonetization happens. But recently a YouTube reviewer refused to approve my one of the MOST viewed videos. And now I am smarter. I will change thumbs or metadata first on my side before doing anything else.

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@EVO

Thank you so much. I was pretty sure that there were nothing wrong with my videos. That's why I used to apply for manual reviews whenever vid demonetization happens. But recently a YouTube reviewer refused to approve my one of the MOST viewed videos. And now I am smarter. I will change thumbs or metadata first on my side before doing anything else.
No problem. Same as you - the 1 vid that was not approved was my largest video with over 10million views.
It killed the video as soon as it got demonetised as YT no longer 'suggested' it. It still gets found via browse/search.

I do remember having a couple of videos where as soon as I changed the thumbnail it went back to green $ without requesting. you could get that lucky.

Reactions: genp

vatiwah

I've Got It
Reaction score
It is really hard to get 1000 views for the week to get an appeal for demonetization because your video is no longer being suggested/recommended. Thanks youtube. What a wonderful system. I suppose I can tell 1000 of my viewers to have my playlist containing those videos playing in the background while muted.

genp

Reaction score
@EVO

That really sucks. I used to have 6% of my whole videos demonetized. I asked for manual reviews, I waited forever. But that really didn't bother me much. because they are unpopular videos.

Last edited:

genp

Reaction score
The "limited or no ads" list is automatically shrinking.. slowly. The AI is flagging and unflagging random vids. How annoying.

Poorna

Reaction score
I have been under review for 3+ months now. Do you think I should consider joining AdRev?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
I have been under review for 3+ months now. Do you think I should consider joining AdRev?
AdRev is a Rights Management Company. Have they also started an MCN?

If so, you need to know that you won't be able to join any type of MCN until your channel has been approved for direct partnership in the YouTube Partner Programme. You can go ahead and try to join; do that if you like then come back here and tell us what happens.

Andrewcu

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just got the email that my channel (in my signature) is no longer eligible to moneitse. Here's the reason:

Video Spam: Large amounts of untargeted, unwanted, or repetitive content.

Obviously I'm going to delete some videos and reapply in 30 days, however I don't know which ones to delete and that's where I need your help please.

I mainly make number videos with fancy graphics. Here are my categories of 'danger' videos:

1 - Some of my number videos are very long (over half an hour) and perhaps considered repetitive.
2 - I buy content from other creators (usually on Envato) and use these (often modified) as part of my videos. I understand that even though I have sufficient rights to use this content, YouTube might still consider it too much duplicate content.

Should I delete all danger videos, or just ones in group 1 or 2?

Also, perhaps my channel was demonetised because my content is repetitive? I find this strange because wouldn't content from any niche channel be repetitive?

Thanks for reading and your help. :)