Decemeber youtube was bad.

My subscription box was flooded with Vlogmas videos. Seemed every person I sub to tried to do it. I found it annoying! As for me, some of my videos did bad, others good. I gained 70 subs in December which is amazing for me! But I started posting 2x a week so thats probably why.

i found it to be a really erratic month, I can't get subs for love nor money at the best of times but on and off i was picking up one or two and occasionally breaking my own records for views, but towards the end of December it was nigh on impossible and even though i was uploading nearly every day, my views actually dipped to just above what i had at zero subs! Only really my LSPDFR Christmas special picked up respectable numbers. It has picked back up a little more though, was just a strange month in general.

IGNORE THE TYPEO IN THE TITLE PLEASE:):wub::giggle:

Hi guys.
I just wanted to ask if you guys thought December youtube lacked content, and it was also really hard to gain views?
I feel like December many creators did not post as much.

I dont know even now.. theres nothing on youtube for me to watch.

I cant wait until everyone gets back into the normal routine!

Was December a bad month for you guys?
i think its always hard with christmas etc! lets go january!

My subscription box was flooded with Vlogmas videos. Seemed every person I sub to tried to do it. I found it annoying! As for me, some of my videos did bad, others good. I gained 70 subs in December which is amazing for me! But I started posting 2x a week so thats probably why.

Im glad someone else was annoyed by it, i hated it most the vlogs where so pointless.. it should be once a week not once a day it was too much![DOUBLEPOST=1483888018,1483887956][/DOUBLEPOST]
i found it to be a really erratic month, I can't get subs for love nor money at the best of times but on and off i was picking up one or two and occasionally breaking my own records for views, but towards the end of December it was nigh on impossible and even though i was uploading nearly every day, my views actually dipped to just above what i had at zero subs! Only really my LSPDFR Christmas special picked up respectable numbers. It has picked back up a little more though, was just a strange month in general.

Yes i just felt it was hard around decemeber, i suppose with people uploading daily our videos get mixed with the crowds. How has jan been for u so far?[DOUBLEPOST=1483888065][/DOUBLEPOST]
I started around the end of December, and it was a great start for me. Already reached my goal for the month, woohoo!

Well done you channel is growing fast already

Yes i just felt it was hard around decemeber, i suppose with people uploading daily our videos get mixed with the crowds. How has jan been for u so far?[DOUBLEPOST=1483888065][/DOUBLEPOST]

Very, very poor. Admittedly my upload schedule (as it is) has been badly effected by coming down with the flu and pc issues which has no doubt affected my visibility, so i'm only just about to upload my 4th video of the year but my New year special did no more than "ok" (approx 20% down on views from the Xmas special, which is still picking up views), i started a new series a few days back which picked up a grand total of 2 views in 24 hours before slowly picking up more over the next few days to pretty much what i'd hope a new series to get in just over 24 hours, the most concerning one is my latest LSPDFR video, the absolute staple for my channel... i'm at pretty much half the total views i would normally get over 24 hours.

That said, it appears to be a Youtube wide thing, so whilst i'm concerned, i'm not overly concerned yet, especially with the fact my numbers may be skewed by forced downtime, It's a sticky start to the year but i'm seeing other channels, on and off having the same or worse drop off at this time for whatever reason, it seems people are perhaps just getting into the swing of a new year, getting back to work etc and just haven't been sitting down to watch as many videos at this time. I'm pretty confident things will pick back up again.

December was pretty great(especially the last 2 weeks). Got more views than ever. Now over 4 million total views.

Latest upload surpassed expectation and had my second best ever day for subs gained!, hopefully a sign that things generally are picking back up :)

Yeah, I think it was due to the holidays. People tend to watch less YouTube and spend more time with family or shopping or something lol! Pretty sure people are ready for 2017!

Back