Decemeber youtube was bad.

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
My channel did very well this December. I had the highest revenues ever, and got a lot of views on each video. I've been promoting like a madman, and have definitely tried to improve the quality of my videos, so that may have something to do with it. Usually the holidays are a very good time for YouTube views and revenue, I've found.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
December is always the most stressful month at my job because clients are trying to cram as much work in as they can before they need to end the year and do their taxes. We literally did like 2 months of work in 3 weeks lol. ...Everyone was staying up until 2 am every day trying to get everything done.. x_x I'm guessing there is similar stress with other people's jobs. =/

My channel definitely slowed down posting. I tried to post some videos towards the end, but it was a bit too late. =/ Oh well, maybe next time. ^_^

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
December was alright. The channels I constantly watch made plans and had content to fill up their usual schedule even if they were on vacation. As I've been watching the backlog of other channels that I got into recently, so I've had stuff to watch all season long.

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I think for some people that might have been the case due to the holidays. But personally I love December on youtube because a lot of people do Vlogmas so you get SO many videos.

AMX Gaming

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
December was tough but than again the challenges for a small gaming channel like mine are very tough and the road seems endless as we attempt to be recognized as a creator and a channel

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Holidays Family Time > YouTube

I posted 1 video in that month. A single one... I shot a car review, but it is taking forever to edit, so that won't be up until later this month. This month will probably only see 2 videos. I am slowing down majorly. But it is more the lack of content to shoot than anything else. I refuse to shoot filler. It is always painfully obvious when other people do it. So I refuse.

nutwad

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I started around the end of December, and it was a great start for me. Already reached my goal for the month, woohoo!

Anon7906

Reaction score
There wasn't any real increase in views for me in December, but revenue increased about 30%. I should be happy about that I guess, but I'm not. Would have rather an increase in viewership.

Reactions: Sunsbookishgamesx

Dean Willis

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
There wasn't any real increase in views for me in December, but revenue increased about 30%. I should be happy about that I guess, but I'm not. Would have rather an increase in viewership.
I had the same thing, was a bad month in terms of views and subs but my revenue went up. I guess all the christmas ads had a positive conversion rate but in general the channel was worse off. It's kind of bittersweet.

PureDangles

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I really noticed a drop between the holidays time like 12/23-12/31 were very slow for my channel. Before that it just looked like another normal month number wise for my channel.