Dealing with Dislikes ~ Help Appreciated :O

DanDaAussie

Liking YTtalk
Now On Some Of my newer videos on my channel, i have recieved an unreasonable amount of dislikes on my channel. My editing has improved quite a lot and i don't exactly know what i can do. Examples of this issue is on my newest Minecraft video with 7 likes and 11 dislikes, and a Christmas Eve LiveStream which ended up with 11 likes and 13 dislikes. It's getting on my nerves so i encourage you guys to come forward and give me advice on how to deal with and get through this, whether you have experienced the same situation or not. Thanks for your time and continue to stay cool!

Enjoy your day

Last edited by a moderator:
dude dont sweat it. i did a video with over 100 dislikes, i didn't cared. Actually i was glad...each dislike meant that someone was viewing my video and more view is good!!! also more views equals more money ..so that's a nice way to look at it. it also could be a friend that's doing it to mess around with you or someone that just personally doesn't like you. either way don't let it get to you. continue improving!!

I'm not sure why there is always a thread when someone get's to many dislikes for their liking. I mean that with all respect. It's so weird though. Anytime you put yourself out there in one way or another there will always be critics. You can either roll with the punches or not. I got people that love my videos and people that hate me because of my videos and I just cover sports gaming. Who is to say what amount of dislikes is unreasonable? Is it insane to think people don't like your videos? You can't please everyone. This is entertainment and it's completely subjective to each individual.

stay true to yourself, try not to get caught up in those dislikes, eventually more of your audience will find you if you stay passionate and honest and those followers will outweigh the dislikes.

Also, YouTube likes engagement, and while dislikes feel like failures, at least there's engagement on your video which will likely help its ranking

I'm not sure why there is always a thread when someone get's to many dislikes for their liking. I mean that with all respect. It's so weird though. Anytime you put yourself out there in one way or another there will always be critics. You can either roll with the punches or not. I got people that love my videos and people that hate me because of my videos and I just cover sports gaming. Who is to say what amount of dislikes is unreasonable? Is it insane to think people don't like your videos? You can't please everyone. This is entertainment and it's completely subjective to each individual.
Yeah I see where your going with this, it's just to see the hard work I put into making a video doesn't entertain people and even worse they don't personally tell me the issue with the video. So there's no way to improve it for their liking.[DOUBLEPOST=1484103393,1484103375][/DOUBLEPOST]
stay true to yourself, try not to get caught up in those dislikes, eventually more of your audience will find you if you stay passionate and honest and those followers will outweigh the dislikes.

Also, YouTube likes engagement, and while dislikes feel like failures, at least there's engagement on your video which will likely help its ranking
Ok Thanks for the positivity.[DOUBLEPOST=1484103411][/DOUBLEPOST]
dude dont sweat it. i did a video with over 100 dislikes, i didn't cared. Actually i was glad...each dislike meant that someone was viewing my video and more view is good!!! also more views equals more money ..so that's a nice way to look at it. it also could be a friend that's doing it to mess around with you or someone that just personally doesn't like you. either way don't let it get to you. continue improving!!
Yeah I guess that's a good way to look @ it.

Very true!! Any engagement is good engagement!!

So there's no way to improve it for their liking.

That's exactly the thing though. You can't. You shouldn't. I used to care about everything I did with this channel. Now I drink and smoke and say what I want. Sometimes it comes out a stuttering mess and I leave it there because I think it's funny. If I know anything about Youtube it's that you can't be middle of the road. You can't try to please the masses. You find your people and you entertain them. Also.....Stop calling your videos work. That may be your problem.

That's exactly the thing though. You can't. You shouldn't. I used to care about everything I did with this channel. Now I drink and smoke and say what I want. Sometimes it comes out a stuttering mess and I leave it there because I think it's funny. If I know anything about Youtube it's that you can't be middle of the road. You can't try to please the masses. You find your people and you entertain them. Also.....Stop calling your videos work. That may be your problem.
It's just the way I approach my channel very dedicated towards it. Seeing that is discouraging for the effort i put in.

It's just the way I approach my channel very dedicated towards it. Seeing that is discouraging for the effort i put in.
Stay with me homie! I'm here to help. We all want big things. Our audience knows if we are taking it to serious though. I work 60 hour weeks as a trucker and put out at least 1 video per day. I get the grind. I know the dedication. All I'm saying is if you let things like dislikes bother you you might be on the fast track to failure. I'm not going to lie. I started youtube because I saw dollar signs. Boy I was way wrong. Now it's the love of doing it and every bad thing that comes from it. It's a life changer man. gotta toughen up.

Those dislikes aren't your fans so don't listen to them. It's not constructive feedback. Keep hitting on what you have fun doing![DOUBLEPOST=1484104117,1484104023][/DOUBLEPOST]
Very true!! Any engagement is good engagement!!

Like that old bit about any press is good press! No such thing as "bad" publicity, they're is just publicity.

Back