Dealing with creative blocks

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Hey guys!
As an artist, musician, and creator, one of the biggest things I struggle with is creative blocks. The ideas just stop flowing and nothing comes across the way I want it to. Sometimes this is random and other times it happens because I feel like I am too busy in real life to focus on my music or youtube.
I was wondering how you guys deal with creative blocks. Do you have a strategy or just wait for it to pass?

I always keep a notebook with me. ALWAYS. So when I'm at the gym, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. , and something pops up for a possible video I write it down. Even if it's bad. Something good could evolve out of it. You should give it a shot!

I agree with BubbleJunk, always keep a notebook or something with you so that you can keep writing down ideas wherever you are. This has helped me out with creative block over and over again.

You can always go for a run/walk as well, that sometimes help.

I always keep a notebook with me. ALWAYS. So when I'm at the gym, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. , and something pops up for a possible video I write it down. Even if it's bad. Something good could evolve out of it. You should give it a shot!
That sounds like a great idea. As a song writer I'm always randomly jotting down things that pop into my head on random pieces of paper that I often end up losing. I should probably keep it all in one place. Thanks for the advice![DOUBLEPOST=1477670280,1477670252][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with BubbleJunk, always keep a notebook or something with you so that you can keep writing down ideas wherever you are. This has helped me out with creative block over and over again.

You can always go for a run/walk as well, that sometimes help.
I will try that! thanks!

Hey guys!
As an artist, musician, and creator, one of the biggest things I struggle with is creative blocks. The ideas just stop flowing and nothing comes across the way I want it to. Sometimes this is random and other times it happens because I feel like I am too busy in real life to focus on my music or youtube.
I was wondering how you guys deal with creative blocks. Do you have a strategy or just wait for it to pass?

You could always use one of the many keyword tools that people are mentioning on this forum to research your niche and expand ideas off tags.

Whenever I get a block It helps to try and talk to like minded friends. It gets the creative juices flowing for me anyway! Haha

that's very normal no matter what genre/interest you have.

this may sound out of left field and I am not promoting it but I know musicians/artists who dabble in some mild drug use to expand the mind/imagination.

Back