Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
Hey guys!
As an artist, musician, and creator, one of the biggest things I struggle with is creative blocks. The ideas just stop flowing and nothing comes across the way I want it to. Sometimes this is random and other times it happens because I feel like I am too busy in real life to focus on my music or youtube.
I was wondering how you guys deal with creative blocks. Do you have a strategy or just wait for it to pass?

Reactions: Marky Sparks

BubbleJunk

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always keep a notebook with me. ALWAYS. So when I'm at the gym, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. , and something pops up for a possible video I write it down. Even if it's bad. Something good could evolve out of it. You should give it a shot!

Hendrik Kapp

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree with BubbleJunk, always keep a notebook or something with you so that you can keep writing down ideas wherever you are. This has helped me out with creative block over and over again.

You can always go for a run/walk as well, that sometimes help.

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I've moved this to the strategy / technique advice forum. ^^

Hopeless Insomniac

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Musician
I always keep a notebook with me. ALWAYS. So when I'm at the gym, waking up in the middle of the night, etc. , and something pops up for a possible video I write it down. Even if it's bad. Something good could evolve out of it. You should give it a shot!
That sounds like a great idea. As a song writer I'm always randomly jotting down things that pop into my head on random pieces of paper that I often end up losing. I should probably keep it all in one place. Thanks for the advice![DOUBLEPOST=1477670280,1477670252][/DOUBLEPOST]
I agree with BubbleJunk, always keep a notebook or something with you so that you can keep writing down ideas wherever you are. This has helped me out with creative block over and over again.

You can always go for a run/walk as well, that sometimes help.
I will try that! thanks!

JamieKarakizi

Subscribe to me? haha
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hey guys!
As an artist, musician, and creator, one of the biggest things I struggle with is creative blocks. The ideas just stop flowing and nothing comes across the way I want it to. Sometimes this is random and other times it happens because I feel like I am too busy in real life to focus on my music or youtube.
I was wondering how you guys deal with creative blocks. Do you have a strategy or just wait for it to pass?
You could always use one of the many keyword tools that people are mentioning on this forum to research your niche and expand ideas off tags.

Marky Sparks

I've Got It
Reaction score
Whenever I get a block It helps to try and talk to like minded friends. It gets the creative juices flowing for me anyway! Haha

sanitary103

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
that's very normal no matter what genre/interest you have.

this may sound out of left field and I am not promoting it but I know musicians/artists who dabble in some mild drug use to expand the mind/imagination.

Arachnophobik

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I get that a lot. I see to it that it's like good jokes. Sometimes you just gotta stare at blank space and it just comes :/

Reactions: BubbleJunk