copyright because im using another 30 sec part of a video to prove a point?

Martin Louis

Hey FAMILY!

i haven't been on here for bit god a miss it!

I was just wondering is it copy right if i use someone elses youtube video in my video if its only for 30 seconds?

Like im using it to prove a point. and like... the news do it all the time! lol

and as well i know another people that use some parts of other peoples videos in there videos like i am. n they are not getting strikes for it..

plus i am monetizing it PLUS giving links to the original videos !. sooo will i be in crap for that?

Have you tried contacting the original video's owner for their permission?
No... guess i may have to turn off adds so i don't get in trouble... saying that i seen others do it with out that persons permission... maybe because they have a network to save them... ive seen heaps big youtubers do it... especially when there bashing someone for something they did wrong to there fan or wat ever. i think if its less then 30 secs its ok... i could be wrong

I know I have heard of that "30 seconds rule" from somewhere but its wrong. The amount of your own original work is more important. If you make a 10 minute long video and only take a 30 second footage, is a better case of fair use than making a 1 minute one and taking 30 seconds footage. So your four situations stands like this,

1) Monetizing, it goes a bit against you
2) Teaching, News reporting, goes in favor of you
3) IDK how long your video is and how hard/long you worked on it or how hard/long did the copyright owner work on that piece
4) Does your work deprives the copyright owner of income?

I would just find an alternative unless you know you can do it

Attachments

• uRLVbVw.png
    uRLVbVw.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 12
What you could maybe do is to mention the video that you are referencing within your video and say that if the viewers want to see that video to go to the link in your description and see it at it's original location.

I think that there is somewhat like a 10 seconds rule? I don't really know but I think 30 secs are a bit too much in my opinion... Well, I don't know but I also do want to^^

I once found a 'reaction channel' which felt really weird. This dude was 'reacting' to other big youtubers videos. He showed the full original video (100 %) in the corner while himself reacting over it. And it seems he can get money from it, so it all feels weird what you can and can not do.

I think that there is somewhat like a 10 seconds rule? I don't really know but I think 30 secs are a bit too much in my opinion... Well, I don't know but I also do want to^^
There is no such rule, never was and never will be. Even using half a second of copyrighted content can get you a takedown (for example a copyright image).

Back