copyright because im using another 30 sec part of a video to prove a point?

Partnership hero

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
There is no such rule, never was and never will be. Even using half a second of copyrighted content can get you a takedown (for example a copyright image).
agree[DOUBLEPOST=1406641492,1406641262][/DOUBLEPOST]
If she truly has 2 strikes already, she is foolish to risk losing her million-sub channel. She wouldn't be the first.
Big channels has a special perk (from their MCN's) like even if you get 3 strikes you wont be terminated (possible only if you "manage" channel)

Tarmack

Rhetorical Porcupine
Reaction score
agree[DOUBLEPOST=1406641492,1406641262][/DOUBLEPOST]
Big channels has a special perk (from their MCN's) like even if you get 3 strikes you wont be terminated (possible only if you "manage" channel)
@Shane.C care to comment? I was fairly sure 3 Strikes still shuts down the channel whether managed or not.

Reactions: markkaz

Shane

YouTube Network Addict
Reaction score
@Shane.C care to comment? I was fairly sure 3 Strikes still shuts down the channel whether managed or not.
Never had it happen of course (why put a channel likely to get strikes on managed..) but I am fairly sure that 3 strikes and you're out is still the case. I will ask about it though, could be useful to know I suppose!

Last edited:
Reactions: markkaz

Incia

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Alright, there are differences in getting strikes, claims or revenue taken away.

I think as long as you comment another video you won't get striked or claimed, is this true? I just saw someone do a reaction video to some cartoon, and they said "As long as we comment it means we can show wtf we want..." However.... question would be, can they still earn money from this 'reaction video'?

I have got some videos that have got a large amount of views but they have taken the ability of earning money from them away, but they haven't deleted the content from my channel.

To be on topic, if I would now 'react' to let's say "Terminator 6 trailer", by showing the whole trailer while having my facecam attached to the video, I can still show this on my channel, but I can't make money out of it? Or will it also be copyright striked maybe?

Reactions: mathicious