Commentating on Cutscenes

Should a Let's Player commentate while characters are talking in a cutscene?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pheelyks

Liking YTtalk
Gaming channels, Let's Players and/or people who watch Let's Plays, I bring you a poll. Should one commentate during a cutscene, while characters are talking, or not?

I've been given different advice on topic. Some have told me to not talk while characters are talking. Other's have said that I have too much dead air and in those videos I didn't talk while characters where talking.

I made this pool to see what more people think. It's just a Yes or No answer, with an extra, optional, question. I'll post the results of the poll after it's closed.

I voted no, cos I think the cutscene adds a lot of backstory on the video on its own, but I know why some people dislike it or suggest just editing out the cut scene entirely so it really is hard to say.

I thought about doing a darksiders series, but the cutscene in the beginning is long as all hell after recording it and playing it back the video seemed no bueno so just deleted it all until I figure out a better plan of action.

Even on the tubebuddy 101 tutorials they recommend editing out all cutscenes ( tho they suggest it more for copyright reasons, but nonetheless)

Maybe the cutscene doesn't really matter... I don't even know anymore.

/fuel to the indecisiveness

I voted no, cos I think the cutscene adds a lot of backstory on the video on its own, but I know why some people dislike it or suggest just editing out the cut scene entirely so it really is hard to say.

I thought about doing a darksiders series, but the cutscene in the beginning is long as all hell after recording it and playing it back the video seemed no bueno so just deleted it all until I figure out a better plan of action.

Even on the tubebuddy 101 tutorials they recommend editing out all cutscenes ( tho they suggest it more for copyright reasons, but nonetheless)

Maybe the cutscene doesn't really matter... I don't even know anymore.

/fuel to the indecisiveness
I've never had any problems with cutscenes and copyright. I've gotten claims because of in-game music though.

Commentating in cutscenes while characters are talking is a huge turn off(at least for me). You'll get a insta dislike for me when i see this in your video haha. Its annoying so don't do it.

For me when I'm watching folks. I don't mind to hear quick little quips during cutscenes (if subtitles are on). But if they cut out the whole scene or talk over the whole thing. I'll click away. and possibly dislike if the game means enough to me story wise XD.

Back