College drop out/YouTube career

Amber lynx

I've Got It
Persuing a YouTube career sounds easy but we all know it's not. And there are no guarantees you'll get success. Even though that scares me I still feel like I made the right choice. It's like a child or bf lol I wake up thinking about it and I spend all day with it on my mind. I'm thinking of ways to improve I'm investing money to my channel because I believe i have what it takes. On the other hand the person I would like most to support me isn't and she said her support isn't coming until she see whatever she needs to see to believe this is an actual career. Nevertheless I've gotten support from my peers and I want to know what does the yt forum thinks about these decisions

Hey! all i can say is to keep on trying and keep on pushing, i think everyone says that but its one of the best pieces of advice you can get, i nearly gave up on my channel, i didn't think i was going to fit in with youtube but i stuck by it to this day and i've never been happier! my channel has picked up so much, my viewers give me the best support and i love them all! sometimes people don't agree on choices you make and i make, but its down to us to make these choices and to make them happen and prove them wrong! yeah its going to take a lotttttt of hard work and dedication and if you have what it takes, you can make anything happen :)

There's no need to give up college (or a job) to grow a successful YT channel. It can be done with part-time hours. People tend to give up their job after they have made a success of it to be able to take it to the next level. Good luck.

All great points! If it's something you love and constantly think about, definitely don't give it up because some don't feel the same! I've fit my YT time in between working 50 hours and being a father, it gets challenging at times, but the rewarding feelings you get surpass everything else!!

All great points! If it's something you love and constantly think about, definitely don't give it up because some don't feel the same! I've fit my YT time in between working 50 hours and being a father, it gets challenging at times, but the rewarding feelings you get surpass everything else!!
Thanks for the positivity[DOUBLEPOST=1497728350,1497728304][/DOUBLEPOST]
There's no need to give up college (or a job) to grow a successful YT channel. It can be done with part-time hours. People tend to give up their job after they have made a success of it to be able to take it to the next level. Good luck.
I'm giving up college. I hate college honestly and if working full time until I see my dreams come that's what imma do.[DOUBLEPOST=1497728459][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey! all i can say is to keep on trying and keep on pushing, i think everyone says that but its one of the best pieces of advice you can get, i nearly gave up on my channel, i didn't think i was going to fit in with youtube but i stuck by it to this day and i've never been happier! my channel has picked up so much, my viewers give me the best support and i love them all! sometimes people don't agree on choices you make and i make, but its down to us to make these choices and to make them happen and prove them wrong! yeah its going to take a lotttttt of hard work and dedication and if you have what it takes, you can make anything happen :)
Great thanks for he positivity

There's no need to give up college (or a job) to grow a successful YT channel.
I agree. There's no need to give up college to grow a YouTube channel a all. That being said I got to say I admire you having the guts to start Youtube full time.:up2: You have to let us all know how this works out for you so keep us posted please:)
Best of luck to you with this full time YouTube project:)

Its okay to give up college if it really just isn't your thing. Honestly I did the same way way before I put any thought into doing YouTube at all.
Just don't go quitting your job and taking out a bunch of loans or something

It seems a bit irresponsible, but if you're already making enough income to support your needs/family then it should be okay. Though it would be wise to invest into other sources of income as well (part time job/ selling merchandise/ etc.) since youtube is a sporadic platform, not every video is guaranteed to make enough views. Good luck to you on your youtube journey!!

I just had a look at some of your videos Amber, you seem really nice like someone I could hang out with (also I subbed, haha)

To be honest, I'm doing my Masters atm but it's about to come to an end. I just made the desicion to work part-time in a rubbish job just to support my channel! (Fingers crossed it works!). For me it's tough, my degree has cost a lot of money and now I'm trying to pursue Youtube. Wuhhh!

If you need to prove your channel's legitimacy as a job to someone, have you thought of doing a business plan?
Most people begin by identifying thier Strengths, Weaknesses, Oppurtunities and Threats - they then continue to map out the direction of thier business (so your channel). What's your unique selling point and how can you grow from this?

Not only does this show you're serious, but it also means that you have a clear plan to stick to if you doubt yourself or get a little stuck.

Hope that helps girl!

Back