Channel Review After June 1st - Anyone Else?

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Coucou everyone!

We all know that the backlog is cleared and that we need to wait a "month" or so to be reviewed. I would like to know if anyone else reached the threshold after June 1st and is waiting to get approved or already got approved this month?

Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 11.55.11.png

I don't know if they mean a month since I reached the threshold or a month after they cleared the backlog, meaning August 1st/2nd, hopefully some of us will not have to wait 6 months as it happened to some people... If that's the case, maybe they are reviewing channels manually and will enable monetisation each 1st or 2nd of every month.

Maybe we can have a thread just to inform each other if we receive the good news (before August or during August) or is it a bad one, maybe we can help each other and try again next month!

Here's my info:
Review starting date: June 16th

I am in the same boat. My review starting date is after June 1st. I really hope by August we all will get a positive reply.

Yeah! really hoping for the same, congrats and good luck with your channel!
I'll let you know if I have any news, I don't even know what they actually review so hopefully they will like my channel lol

Yeah! really hoping for the same, congrats and good luck with your channel!
I'll let you know if I have any news, I don't even know what they actually review so hopefully they will like my channel lol
I can answer that question!

The review involves all of the following: Channel compliance with YouTube's Terms Of Service; compliance with YouTube's Community Guidelines (including anti-spam rules); compliance with Copyright Law, Commercial Usage and Publicity Rights clearances.

If every one of these review points are passed by the channel, it will be accepted as a YouTube Partner channel, and be granted the ability to monetize.

I am still seeing a lot of people who think that to be reviewed means automatic monetization; when nothing could be farther from the truth, than that statement where YouTube is concerned.

I can answer that question!

The review involves all of the following: Channel compliance with YouTube's Terms Of Service; compliance with YouTube's Community Guidelines (including anti-spam rules); compliance with Copyright Law, Commercial Usage and Publicity Rights clearances.

If every one of these review points are passed by the channel, it will be accepted as a YouTube Partner channel, and be granted the ability to monetize.

I am still seeing a lot of people who think that to be reviewed means automatic monetization; when nothing could be farther from the truth, than that statement where YouTube is concerned.

I understand all that but my question is more based of... what if in one video they saw a picture that's only there for 5 seconds and let's say that image is copyrighted... will they reject the whole channel only for 1 image? I would love to know how strict they are because when they reject a channel they pretty much give a General response.

I don't think they they are that strict since they broke their own rules and I know they monetised two channels they pretty much don't comply with what they written unless I'm missing something. Kind of an interesting case imo

I understand all that but my question is more based of... what if in one video they saw a picture that's only there for 5 seconds and let's say that image is copyrighted... will they reject the whole channel only for 1 image? I would love to know how strict they are because when they reject a channel they pretty much give a General response.

I don't think they they are that strict since they broke their own rules and I know they monetised two channels they pretty much don't comply with what they written unless I'm missing something. Kind of an interesting case imo
Unfortunately, copyright law doesn't look at how long a copyrighted media piece is displayed. There is no "safe display time limit". Many channels are being rejected for "Duplication"; and this "definition" includes copyright media in existence on the channel. How much they may "let you get away with" is uncertain; but to be safe, I would assume none.

That is the only way to avoid being disappointed because you've been sent back to the drawing board so to speak. They assume you know what you uploaded that broke the rules, and know how to fix it. I linked earlier, a post from a forum describing the types of things YouTube considers Duplication by a long-standing Help Forum Tope Contributor. There is a thread containing that link a few weeks back on this forum.

Look for it.

Unfortunately, copyright law doesn't look at how long a copyrighted media piece is displayed. There is no "safe display time limit". Many channels are being rejected for "Duplication"; and this "definition" includes copyright media in existence on the channel. How much they may "let you get away with" is uncertain; but to be safe, I would assume none.

That is the only way to avoid being disappointed because you've been sent back to the drawing board so to speak. They assume you know what you uploaded that broke the rules, and know how to fix it. I linked earlier, a post from a forum describing the types of things YouTube considers Duplication by a long-standing Help Forum Tope Contributor. There is a thread containing that link a few weeks back on this forum.

Look for it.

Thank you so much for replying and yeah I saw your post.. I actually read that post long time ago and I got to say it is extremely useful, I even saved it in case I need to. I'm gonna read it again since your argument about an Image being copyright makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much for your help!![DOUBLEPOST=1531991706,1531990875][/DOUBLEPOST]

Look for it.

I read it again and this is what it doesn't make sense to me...
* "Videos simply showing a user playing a video game or the use of software for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetization."

If that's true,, why these two Youtubers got monetised on July 2nd...
I don't think I can post links but you can easily find them since they have 50K+ subs now [I don't have anything against themI just want to understand the topic better, as a matter of fact I like their content]
Izzo
Yanrique Wright

90% of their channel is just playing the game, no commentary. Editing is pretty basic, nothing heavy. It looks like YouTube just ignored their own rules unless I'm missing something ... maybe they got monetised cause they are growing fast and YouTube saw them as a business opportunity

Thank you so much for replying and yeah I saw your post.. I actually read that post long time ago and I got to say it is extremely useful, I even saved it in case I need to. I'm gonna read it again since your argument about an Image being copyright makes a lot of sense. Thank you so much for your help!![DOUBLEPOST=1531991706,1531990875][/DOUBLEPOST]

I read it again and this is what it doesn't make sense to me...
* "Videos simply showing a user playing a video game or the use of software for extended periods of time may not be accepted for monetization."

If that's true,, why these two Youtubers got monetised on July 2nd...
I don't think I can post links but you can easily find them since they have 50K+ subs now [I don't have anything against themI just want to understand the topic better, as a matter of fact I like their content]
Izzo
Yanrique Wright

90% of their channel is just playing the game, no commentary. Editing is pretty basic, nothing heavy. It looks like YouTube just ignored their own rules unless I'm missing something ... maybe they got monetised cause they are growing fast and YouTube saw them as a business opportunity
There is one thing people never seem to consider as a possibility...

Just because ads are being shown on a channel's videos, doesn't necessarily mean the money generated by those ads is going to the channel owner.

In most cases of gameplay videos without commentary, it's the game developer getting the money and not the channel owner, if ads are being shown. If the channel was accepted for monetization as it was, this was a mistake by YouTube which should be corrected eventually (hopefully sooner rather than later due to the rule you say makes no sense; yet it is a rule and if you ask me, I will link the Help Article in question).

I'm in the same boat as you, I hit the requirements around 25th June so hopefully i'll get reviewed by August. Hopefully they won't have any issues with my content but I guess only time will tell :)

I'm in the same boat as you, I hit the requirements around 25th June so hopefully i'll get reviewed by August. Hopefully they won't have any issues with my content but I guess only time will tell :)

Thank you so much for sharing, I'll let you know if I have any news

Back