Can't Pick a Partnership Network

Look being in a gaming network. I know that if a game requires a license and you dont habe one you cant upload/make money off of it an no way does it count as fair use... lol
Again, the law says nothing about that. I had all my videos monetized through Google adsense back in the day and nothing happened. It's impossible to get rights for every game made, yet most networks allow its partners to monetize all games.

Again, the law says nothing about that. I had all my videos monetized through Google adsense back in the day and nothing happened. It's impossible to get rights for every game made, yet most networks allow its partners to monetize all games.
You cannot legally upload gameplay without licenses. The only way you can is for review purposes, education, or a lets play with a constant commentary pertaining to the game (still falls under fair use). It is illegal to do the basic CoD commentary with an unrelated commentary without licenses though. :)

You cannot legally upload gameplay without licenses. The only way you can is for review purposes, education, or a lets play with a constant commentary pertaining to the game (still falls under fair use). It is illegal to do the basic CoD commentary with an unrelated commentary without licenses though. :)
That is true. If the commentary is not related to the game, it doesn't fall under fair use. Although I don't think Activision would ever notice/care about it.

That is true. If the commentary is not related to the game, it doesn't fall under fair use. Although I don't think Activision would ever notice/care about it.
So, you are still breaking the law. Would you go cheat on a test, just because no one will notice? I hope not. It is all the same idea. That said, I upload commentaries on occasion not related to the game, so.... I guess I am a hypocrite. :biggrin:

I think you guys are arguing about a moot point. As long as the network allows you to monetize all your gaming videos, does it matter if they have licenses to legally do it? Maybe it does; I don't know.

on a side note, I saw you were a PC player and subbed to ya :)
Cool! Hope you enjoy the videos to come. PC FTW!

I think you guys are arguing about a moot point. As long as the network allows you to monetize all your gaming videos, does it matter if they have licenses to legally do it? Maybe it does; I don't know.
YES of course it matters. When you get sued by Activision for ridiculous amounts of money, and you say "the network said it was okay" tell me how that goes for you. I would prefer to take the legal path in life.

YES of course it matters. When you get sued by Activision for ridiculous amounts of money, and you say "the network said it was okay" tell me how that goes for you. I would prefer to take the legal path in life.
True. Networks don't take responsibility for those kinds of things. Argue on :)

Back