"Can you check out my channel" Ugh and why this is a bad move to do.

Setting up a auto DM on a site like Unfollowers(dot)com and every time you get a new follower on Twitter they get will your Auto DM telling them to check out there Youtube channel or new video. Is the the BEST way to get lots of video views and subscribers on to your Youtube channel.
You can make an arguement that it can help out, but I would not say it is the best way to get lots of video views

While I am not one of those people who do it on YouTube, I don't care when people ask me to check out their channel in the comment section. For those of you saying that it makes that channel look bad and that you won't visit their channel because of them asking, you probably would have never even heard of their channel in the first place if they hadn't of mentioned it so they aren't at a loss.

You can make an arguement that it can help out, but I would not say it is the best way to get lots of video views

I am trying not make an arguement. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

But for me and many other small Youtubers DM people on twitter telling them to check out my Youtube channel(or new video) is the best way to get lots of video views and subscribers and getting(and to grow) your Youtube channel noticed.

As i said before if i was just promoting my YouTube channel, new video on Facebook/ Twitter feed and on Yttalk.com 1/2 times per week then i would not be getting as much video views as i do now and getting 1/2 subs max per month and my channel won't grow if i kept doing that.

And in my 1st post on this thread i posted about 2/3 weeks ago(i had 40 subscribers). and in the last month i have gained over 30/35 subscribers and a lot more video views. and now i have 73 subscribers on Youtube and my Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than 6 weeks ago and it is great! :)

At the same time of doing this i still post comments on Youtube on Small Youtubers(that i watch) videos about how great there video was and hope they keep the good work and or i tweet to them on Twitter saying the same thing So i never spam comments on Youtube about my Youtube channel and i am trying to make friends with them as well. :)

Hope yous lot realize it is not a bad thing DM LOTS of people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube channel or new video but i found 4/5 users unfollowed me and blocked me on Twitter for doing this so it does annoy some people on Twitter.

So @TheEdBoys you say DM lots of people on Twitter telling them to check out my Youtube channel or new video is not the best way to get video views/subscribers.

Tell me what do YOU think is the best way to get video views, subscribers to your Youtube channel?[DOUBLEPOST=1420213409,1420212005][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's funny, there is an article posted today on YTtalk saying the opposite; that you SHOULD comment all that stuff and you will be successful with views

Where is the article on Yttalk.com and what is it called?

Last edited:
I am trying not make an arguement. I am entitled to my opinion and you are entitled to your opinion.

But for me and many other small Youtubers DM people on twitter telling them to check out my Youtube channel(or new video) is the best way to get lots of video views and subscribers and getting(and to grow) your Youtube channel noticed.

As i said before if i was just promoting my YouTube channel, new video on Facebook/ Twitter feed and on Yttalk.com 1/2 times per week then i would not be getting as much video views as i do now and getting 1/2 subs max per month and my channel won't grow if i kept doing that.

And in my 1st post on this thread i posted about 2/3 weeks ago(i had 40 subscribers). and in the last month i have gained over 30/35 subscribers and a lot more video views. and now i have 73 subscribers on Youtube and my Youtube channel is growing a lot more now than 6 weeks ago and it is great! :)

At the same time of doing this i still post comments on Youtube on Small Youtubers(that i watch) videos about how great there video was and hope they keep the good work and or i tweet to them on Twitter saying the same thing So i never spam comments on Youtube about my Youtube channel and i am trying to make friends with them as well. :)

Hope yous lot realize it is not a bad thing DM LOTS of people on Twitter telling them to check out your Youtube channel or new video but i found 4/5 users unfollowed me and blocked me on Twitter for doing this so it does annoy some people on Twitter.

So @TheEdBoys you say DM lots of people on Twitter telling them to check out my Youtube channel or new video is not the best way to get video views/subscribers.

Tell me what do YOU think is the best way to get video views, subscribers to your Youtube channel?[DOUBLEPOST=1420213409,1420212005][/DOUBLEPOST]

Where is the article on Yttalk.com and what is it called?

An arguement is not a bad thing, it helps people discuss. I was not saying your a completely wrong with your opinion. Or that I am completely right. I was just saying I have a different opinion lol. I think it is a combination of things that work in a channel's favor, not really a "best" option

But how do you get your stuff out of you have just started?
You can start out by talking to your friends about it or sharing on your social media. It's what I did, I got out for a bit; gained around 10 subs from my friends and slowly gained people that are outside of said circle.

You can start out by talking to your friends about it or sharing on your social media. It's what I did, I got out for a bit; gained around 10 subs from my friends and slowly gained people that are outside of said circle.
I mean like a little bit passed that, I'm about about 325 subs since I started last month; I'm trying to grow from there

I mean like a little bit passed that, I'm about about 325 subs since I started last month; I'm trying to grow from there
Past that, I guess it's all up to getting great content out and making "gateway videos" as what UberDanger would suggest.

Back