Buying Comp, HELP lol

GuruguyGaming

I posted here a few days ago asking for suggestions on getting a new computer. I'm still a little unsure as to how strong I need it to be. I just need a comp for importing video footage, editing with something like Sony Vegas, and alot of Internet usage as well as moderate amount of gaming. I just don't want to go overboard spending $2,000 if I only need to spend like $800. I saw a dell with i5, 8GB, 1TB, and windows 8 for 649 with my works discount. I prefer i7.

Also very important....what do you think of windows 8, it seems like a drastic change of day to day operations for me lol.

Windows 8 is adaptable, but I don't recommend it. I'm using it right now, and I believe that Windows 7 is easier to navigate.

Windows 8 is adaptable, but I don't recommend it. I'm using it right now, and I believe that Windows 7 is easier to navigate.

Thanks that's what I thought. I haven't used it alot, only messed with it a little bit at best buy lol

Core i7, win7. don't forget to maximize your RAM and VGA.

Sounds good man, but I'm sorry, VGA? I'm a little computer literate but is that the graphics card?

If ya want some decent gaming this is like the minimum ;)
3.5ghz quad i7
8 gb of RAM or 16gb xD (Its basicly what ya prefer)
GTX 560 nvidia gpu ;) (also a AMD radeon HD 7850 1gb is like beast for gamin and nvidia gpus are a lill bit overpriced D)

I see most pples with this in their PC specs and its just good enuf for like 95% of all games ;)

If ya want some decent gaming this is like the minimum ;)
3.5ghz quad i7
8 gb of RAM or 16gb xD (Its basicly what ya prefer)
GTX 560 nvidia gpu ;) (also a AMD radeon HD 7850 1gb is like beast for gamin and nvidia gpus are a lill bit overpriced D)

I see most pples with this in their PC specs and its just good enuf for like 95% of all games ;)

Ahh ok that last part you said reassured me lol. I think I'm just super hesitant to buy a comp. bc I don't want to just get one and hope it works. Those specs seem decent.

As far as buying, I know alot of people recommend buying everything on newegg but to be honest I've never assembled a computer on my own and have heard stories where people don't install the fans right and it fries their s**t lol. Is it really that easy to do on ur own or should I consider getting a cheaper assembled one for the monitor and stuff only to then get parts separate?

Back