Buying Comp, HELP lol

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
I posted here a few days ago asking for suggestions on getting a new computer. I'm still a little unsure as to how strong I need it to be. I just need a comp for importing video footage, editing with something like Sony Vegas, and alot of Internet usage as well as moderate amount of gaming. I just don't want to go overboard spending $2,000 if I only need to spend like $800. I saw a dell with i5, 8GB, 1TB, and windows 8 for 649 with my works discount. I prefer i7.

Also very important....what do you think of windows 8, it seems like a drastic change of day to day operations for me lol.

VoltageDSG

You will not win, for I will not lose.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Windows 8 is adaptable, but I don't recommend it. I'm using it right now, and I believe that Windows 7 is easier to navigate.

Reactions: GuruguyGaming

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
Windows 8 is adaptable, but I don't recommend it. I'm using it right now, and I believe that Windows 7 is easier to navigate.
Thanks that's what I thought. I haven't used it alot, only messed with it a little bit at best buy lol

Core i7, win7. don't forget to maximize your RAM and VGA.
Sounds good man, but I'm sorry, VGA? I'm a little computer literate but is that the graphics card?

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If ya want some decent gaming this is like the minimum ;)
3.5ghz quad i7
8 gb of RAM or 16gb xD (Its basicly what ya prefer)
GTX 560 nvidia gpu ;) (also a AMD radeon HD 7850 1gb is like beast for gamin and nvidia gpus are a lill bit overpriced D)

I see most pples with this in their PC specs and its just good enuf for like 95% of all games ;)

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
If ya want some decent gaming this is like the minimum ;)
3.5ghz quad i7
8 gb of RAM or 16gb xD (Its basicly what ya prefer)
GTX 560 nvidia gpu ;) (also a AMD radeon HD 7850 1gb is like beast for gamin and nvidia gpus are a lill bit overpriced D)

I see most pples with this in their PC specs and its just good enuf for like 95% of all games ;)
Ahh ok that last part you said reassured me lol. I think I'm just super hesitant to buy a comp. bc I don't want to just get one and hope it works. Those specs seem decent.

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
As far as buying, I know alot of people recommend buying everything on newegg but to be honest I've never assembled a computer on my own and have heard stories where people don't install the fans right and it fries their s**t lol. Is it really that easy to do on ur own or should I consider getting a cheaper assembled one for the monitor and stuff only to then get parts separate?

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
if you need help choosing partst let me know. Were are you buying your parts from ? building is really easy

GuruguyGaming

Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
if you need help choosing partst let me know. Were are you buying your parts from ? building is really easy
I'm considering either buying direct from Dell or being a first time buyer from newegg lol. Any suggestions?