Be aware, if you're watching your own vids...

Simplest thing to do is enable an ad blocker. Can watch your videos and reply to comments as much as you like then

I have to make sure I warn my girlfriend of this. I have caught her watching my channels content before on my PC when I got home from work one night. She did sign in as herself at least that time. But want to make sure she does not do it from my account haha.

I have to make sure I warn my girlfriend of this. I have caught her watching my channels content before on my PC when I got home from work one night. She did sign in as herself at least that time. But want to make sure she does not do it from my account haha.

Wait, doesn't it go by ISP?

Wait, doesn't it go by ISP?

I think after a certain point yes it does. But as long as its not the same IP hitting it over and over again they will not care. I also think the algorithm starts to take effect at about 300 views I heard. After that point they check to make sure its not the same IP or same account (botting basically) hitting your channel all the time. They want it to be legitimate views. Even if it is your IP, if it only hits once they won't bat an eye at that one. A lot of people have roommates and probably run into this situation fairly often.

I mean I would have to imagine they are not investigating every person who watches their own ads by accident a few times. I highly doubt YouTube has the resources to investigate people like that and it wouldn't help them catch the people they're trying to actually catch.

I would think most of the people who actually get punished or have YouTube invest time looking into their channel had an obvious pattern of abuse. I don't think accidentally watching your own ads a few times while responding to comments are the people they're going after.

I've watched my own ads by accident a good number of times responding to comments and nothing ever happened. Don't watch them on purpose, but I don't think anyone needs to be panicking about watching them a few odd times here or there by accident.

True. This is one of the reasons why I don't watch my own video, it is better to be safe than sorry as they say plus I don't want my relatives and friends to know about this side of me that I am doing youtube just like any other people they see and I make sure to have ad block in my browser. The scary is what if other people intentionally do this to you? Youtube staff is very slow in responding these issues to their publishers, a bit disappointed.. .

Using Adblock is a good idea, but from my experience if you watch your own movies from within Video Manager YT seems not to care and probably doesn't count those adverts.

After all, you have to be able to edit and manage your videos, and see if adverts appear and how they interact etc, so that avenue should be OK.

I've never had an issue doing this.

Cheers Rob

I have YouTube Red, so I don't have any of that issue. Which is good, because I love my own videos and love to watch them! (Not in a stuck-up way....mostly I am the only person I can make laugh).

Back