Be aware, if you're watching your own vids...

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Simplest thing to do is enable an ad blocker. Can watch your videos and reply to comments as much as you like then

Fox Beat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Simplest thing to do is enable an ad blocker
I'm agree with ad block just for this purpose only, but as a youtuber we don't want our viewers watching our vids with adblock of course :D

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have to make sure I warn my girlfriend of this. I have caught her watching my channels content before on my PC when I got home from work one night. She did sign in as herself at least that time. But want to make sure she does not do it from my account haha.

Reactions: Fox Beat

Batty

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have to make sure I warn my girlfriend of this. I have caught her watching my channels content before on my PC when I got home from work one night. She did sign in as herself at least that time. But want to make sure she does not do it from my account haha.
Wait, doesn't it go by ISP?

TimberwolfMKIII

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Wait, doesn't it go by ISP?
I think after a certain point yes it does. But as long as its not the same IP hitting it over and over again they will not care. I also think the algorithm starts to take effect at about 300 views I heard. After that point they check to make sure its not the same IP or same account (botting basically) hitting your channel all the time. They want it to be legitimate views. Even if it is your IP, if it only hits once they won't bat an eye at that one. A lot of people have roommates and probably run into this situation fairly often.

Reactions: Fox Beat

OrbitGuy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I mean I would have to imagine they are not investigating every person who watches their own ads by accident a few times. I highly doubt YouTube has the resources to investigate people like that and it wouldn't help them catch the people they're trying to actually catch.

I would think most of the people who actually get punished or have YouTube invest time looking into their channel had an obvious pattern of abuse. I don't think accidentally watching your own ads a few times while responding to comments are the people they're going after.

I've watched my own ads by accident a good number of times responding to comments and nothing ever happened. Don't watch them on purpose, but I don't think anyone needs to be panicking about watching them a few odd times here or there by accident.

Reactions: TimberwolfMKIII

luckee

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
True. This is one of the reasons why I don't watch my own video, it is better to be safe than sorry as they say plus I don't want my relatives and friends to know about this side of me that I am doing youtube just like any other people they see and I make sure to have ad block in my browser. The scary is what if other people intentionally do this to you? Youtube staff is very slow in responding these issues to their publishers, a bit disappointed.. .

Xynudu

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Using Adblock is a good idea, but from my experience if you watch your own movies from within Video Manager YT seems not to care and probably doesn't count those adverts.

After all, you have to be able to edit and manage your videos, and see if adverts appear and how they interact etc, so that avenue should be OK.

I've never had an issue doing this.

Cheers Rob

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I pay for YouTube Red so when I reply to comments on my videos, no ads are being shown =)

Reactions: xingcat

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I have YouTube Red, so I don't have any of that issue. Which is good, because I love my own videos and love to watch them! (Not in a stuck-up way....mostly I am the only person I can make laugh).

Reactions: markkaz