Asking your viewers to like your videos does it work?

I'm not keen on it when people say "Hey guys, please leave a like". I usually put an image up reminding them that if they liked the video that it would be nice to "like" it.

Well, if you have really good quality videos, you shouldn't have to ask them for thumbs up and stuff. But indeed, there are a lot of people who just forget. I recomment to just put a little annotation on the end of a video, asking nicely to like etc. Good luck! ;)

Well, if you have really good quality videos, you shouldn't have to ask them for thumbs up and stuff. But indeed, there are a lot of people who just forget. I recomment to just put a little annotation on the end of a video, asking nicely to like etc. Good luck! ;)
Quality doesn't matter when it comes to people forgetting to like. I mean I always get a decent amount of likes yes, but I also get LOTS of people who say "This was freaking EPIC I LOVED IT!!!" In the comments, yet after they comment there's no new like, so people all the time love a video but just don't click like. In fact.. I do it too haha

Quality doesn't matter when it comes to people forgetting to like. I mean I always get a decent amount of likes yes, but I also get LOTS of people who say "This was freaking EPIC I LOVED IT!!!" In the comments, yet after they comment there's no new like, so people all the time love a video but just don't click like. In fact.. I do it too haha
If its true what you say, then what is actually the value of a like? I just want likes for motivation for making a new video, but if people don't 'like' it (by clicking the button), but like it anyways you can ask for likes indeed.

If its true what you say, then what is actually the value of a like? I just want likes for motivation for making a new video, but if people don't 'like' it (by clicking the button), but like it anyways you can ask for likes indeed.
It helps the video be given a chance. As sad as this is, people will look at the dislike/like bar and if it's red get prepared to hate the video, and if it's green go "Oh this must be good! I'll give it a chance!" Cause people are kinda.... well yeah like I said it's sad that's how it is, but that's how it is.

It will only work if you tell them WHY to like the video, you need to give them a reason, such as it is a sign to you that people enjoyed the video. If you just say like the video nobody is likely to do it

Back