Asking your viewers to like your videos does it work?

F*CKINGENIOUS

Movie freaks unite!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Reviewer
What do you mean by tastefully?
Like if they ask you to like, or put a quick annotation that's fine, but begging or having an annotation that stays up through the whole video asking for likes makes me not want to like their video.

DeantheDinosauce

Cartoonist/Animator
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
I'm not keen on it when people say "Hey guys, please leave a like". I usually put an image up reminding them that if they liked the video that it would be nice to "like" it.

Booi Videos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Well, if you have really good quality videos, you shouldn't have to ask them for thumbs up and stuff. But indeed, there are a lot of people who just forget. I recomment to just put a little annotation on the end of a video, asking nicely to like etc. Good luck! ;)

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Well, if you have really good quality videos, you shouldn't have to ask them for thumbs up and stuff. But indeed, there are a lot of people who just forget. I recomment to just put a little annotation on the end of a video, asking nicely to like etc. Good luck! ;)
Quality doesn't matter when it comes to people forgetting to like. I mean I always get a decent amount of likes yes, but I also get LOTS of people who say "This was freaking EPIC I LOVED IT!!!" In the comments, yet after they comment there's no new like, so people all the time love a video but just don't click like. In fact.. I do it too haha

Booi Videos

Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Quality doesn't matter when it comes to people forgetting to like. I mean I always get a decent amount of likes yes, but I also get LOTS of people who say "This was freaking EPIC I LOVED IT!!!" In the comments, yet after they comment there's no new like, so people all the time love a video but just don't click like. In fact.. I do it too haha
If its true what you say, then what is actually the value of a like? I just want likes for motivation for making a new video, but if people don't 'like' it (by clicking the button), but like it anyways you can ask for likes indeed.

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
If its true what you say, then what is actually the value of a like? I just want likes for motivation for making a new video, but if people don't 'like' it (by clicking the button), but like it anyways you can ask for likes indeed.
It helps the video be given a chance. As sad as this is, people will look at the dislike/like bar and if it's red get prepared to hate the video, and if it's green go "Oh this must be good! I'll give it a chance!" Cause people are kinda.... well yeah like I said it's sad that's how it is, but that's how it is.

Brodie

YTTalk Shape Shifter
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director, Comedian, Designer
It will only work if you tell them WHY to like the video, you need to give them a reason, such as it is a sign to you that people enjoyed the video. If you just say like the video nobody is likely to do it