Asking your viewers to like your videos does it work?

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
Hi I been researching all over the internet for the answer to this question but its always different some people say asking your viewers to like your videos makes them dislike it others say it increased their likes by 200%! Please help.

F*CKINGENIOUS

Movie freaks unite!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Reviewer
So long as it's done tastefully I tend to like the video. But I'm all about supporting others so i probably would have liked it anyway.

-Eric Harrison

jak6jak

I create stick man animations!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Cartoonist, Animator
So long as it's done tastefully I tend to like the video. But I'm all about supporting others so i probably would have liked it anyway.

-Eric Harrison
What do you mean by tastefully?

5arg

3n3rgy Dance Music
Reaction score
I think it's okay to ask them to like video :)

LabJapan

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I always ask them to like subscribe and share. If I can get 10% of viewers to do it than I win. I see no problem doing it.

JosPlays

Just being AWESOME
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Nope does not work. I just wait for random people to like my videos.

ghostlyrich

Vagaterian
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
it works i use to rarely get likes on my tutorial videos now i get them all the time. just post it in the description of the video or mention it at the end if you want

Peter

Obsessed Guitarist
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think you can't say for sure whether it works or not, if your content is quality and interesting people will like it, however asking them to do so wouldn't hurt if you do it in an appropriate form. ;)

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
You're getting alot of mixed opinions. Don't be a ***** about it, don't make it look like you're begging, but seriously, I never ask for likes, and I get alot of people who comment "I love this video is was awesome!!!" People commenting very positively, I take a look at the like bar? No change, so obviously, they forgot, they just didn't think to. This means a reminder could help. I mean just cause you like a video do you always think to click like? I don't..

Lawlz

I has it :D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
If those pples are hatefull individuals then they will dislike it -.-' But it only shows how immature people are ;) And they dislike mostly bcoz they are jelly ;) Dun let dislikes let yu down :D Just keep uploading awesome sausage vids and ur a BAWZ
Hi I been researching all over the internet for the answer to this question but its always different some people say asking your viewers to like your videos makes them dislike it others say it increased their likes by 200%! Please help.