Are you bitter?

Definitely not a hater and do wish EVERYONE on youtube great success. There's room enough for ALL of us, including those that do similar videos than us. How many cinnamon challenges are out there, for example. I find it hard to aspire to be like someone who's channel is.... I don't know. It's hard to explain without calling someone out so you can see their content but I'm not going to do that. Let's just say that he has ridiculous numbers and posts videos with titles like, "if you sing you must pause this video for 3 seconds." umm...what? LOL

You wouldn't by chance be referring to Lifeples, would you?

Not bitter-bitter, but yeah, sometimes I look at other channels and wonder. But I also recognise that I don't know what they're doing behind the scenes, how hard they're grafting on their SEO and promotion outside YT.

I get p****d off only when the channel isn't playing by the rules. Example: a channel that is clearly uploading copyrighted content without permission.

But for channels playing by the rules, no problem. Nothing wrong with healthy competition. It's an opportunity to analyse what they're doing well.

Yeah, uploading music, whole movies, or shows, and monetizing it annoys me so much. Then I get flagged for the Godzilla theme by some jerk that doesn't even own it. Amazing system.

You wouldn't by chance be referring to Lifeples, would you?

I'm not saying a word, Simply6. lol

Fair enough and I respect that. However, if that happens to be who you are referring to. Maybe this will help you feel a bit better and optimistic.

I had a look at both channels and based on what I found, you are actually doing pretty well.

Channel created:

Lifeples, Sep 22nd, 2012
Hollyweirdteens, Jul 1, 2016

First upload:

Lifeples, Sep 22, 2012
Hollyweirdteens, Aug 23, 2016

This shows that Lifeples has been creating videos for almost 5 years while Hollyweirdteens for only 11 months.

I would also like to point out that Lifeples only had an average of 7 subscribers gained per month until July of 2016 at which point the major growth began. Then averaged around 4,475 per month until Feb, 2017 with the view count matching the trend.

Considering that, it took Lifeples 4 years to start gaining 4,000+ subscribers per month while you accomplished this in only 11 months. Congrats, that is amazing. :)

In addition, your future projections estimate that you will reach 200,000 subscribers within 4 years. However, that is based on your growth over the past 30 days. If your trend of rapid growth continues, I imagine you will reach that number much sooner.

Just keep doing what you are doing and you may end up passing Lifeples before long.

Again, congrats and I wish you all the best. I hope to see you reach 250,000 by years end.

I hope this helped to make you feel better about the numbers and good luck to you, :).

Last edited:
Fair enough and I respect that. However, if that happens to be who you are referring to. Maybe this will help you feel a bit better and optimistic.

I had a look at both channels and based on what I found, you are actually doing pretty well.

Channel created:

Lifeples, Sep 22nd, 2012
Hollyweirdteens, Jul 1, 2016

First upload:

Lifeples, Sep 22, 2012
Hollyweirdteens, Aug 23, 2016

This shows that Lifeples has been creating videos for almost 5 years while Hollyweirdteens for only 11 months.

I would also like to point out that Lifeples only had an average of 7 subscribers gained per month until July of 2016 at which point the major growth began. Then averaged around 4,475 per month until Feb, 2017 with the view count matching the trend.

Considering that, it took Lifeples 4 years to start gaining 4,000+ subscribers per month while you accomplished this in only 11 months. Congrats, that is amazing. :)

In addition, your future projections estimate that you will reach 200,000 subscribers within 4 years. However, that is based on your growth over the past 30 days. If your trend of rapid growth continues, I imagine you will reach that number much sooner.

Just keep doing what you are doing and you may end up passing Lifeples before long.

Again, congrats and I wish you all the best. I hope to see you reach 250,000 by years end.

I hope this helped to make you feel better about the numbers and good luck to you, :).

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time out to research my channel and compare to others. That was very kind of you. So you're saying there is hope! That's good news. I will continue on with this crazy YT world and hope for the best! I also hope for continued success for both you and your youtube channel! Thanks for your time and insight! Much appreciated!

Hey! Thanks so much for taking the time out to research my channel and compare to others. That was very kind of you. So you're saying there is hope! That's good news. I will continue on with this crazy YT world and hope for the best! I also hope for continued success for both you and your youtube channel! Thanks for your time and insight! Much appreciated!

No problem at all, :). I feel like you have much more than hope. Perhaps more along the lines of a promising YouTube future. To be honest, I'm betting you have others jealous of your channel, haha. But by the looks of it, you put a lot of time and effort into it with almost 80 videos so I would say it is well deserved. Keep it up and you will continue to grow.

In addition, don't mention it. I enjoy doing research so it was fun and enlightening to look into it. I just wish I had more free time to create more videos on my channel but 45-60 hour work weeks tend to interfere quite a bit, haha. Maybe one day that will change. Anyway, again I wish you luck, :).

Back