Are you bitter?

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you ever find a channel similar to yours that you think is way beneath your content but they have such bigger numbers than you? And you find yourself mumbling under your breath about it? lol
I find myself more beating myself up when I see similar channels being more successful than my own - because I know that if I just uploaded more frequently, I could be up there with them. So, I use it more as a chance to look at myself and pray I get my sh*t together, because I'm terrible.

Reactions: Lekjih

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No problem at all, :). I feel like you have much more than hope. Perhaps more along the lines of a promising YouTube future. To be honest, I'm betting you have others jealous of your channel, haha. But by the looks of it, you put a lot of time and effort into it with almost 80 videos so I would say it is well deserved. Keep it up and you will continue to grow.

In addition, don't mention it. I enjoy doing research so it was fun and enlightening to look into it. I just wish I had more free time to create more videos on my channel but 45-60 hour work weeks tend to interfere quite a bit, haha. Maybe one day that will change. Anyway, again I wish you luck, :).
No room for jealousy on YouTube!! A little bitterness? Maybe. lol But no jealousy. I really feel we all can achieve success as there are so many opportunities available on YouTube!

I really enjoy researching YT channels as well. I've probably spent as much time trying to figure out the behind the scenes of YT as I have making videos. I do know that PATIENCE is key as a YouTuber and sometimes I don't have that so I'm working on it. Your channel is great and I hope you can find some extra time (so hard) to upload more and more!

Again, thanks for the kind words and here's to all of us having a great second half of 2017!

Reactions: Simply6

Lekjih

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I find myself more beating myself up when I see similar channels being more successful than my own - because I know that if I just uploaded more frequently, I could be up there with them. So, I use it more as a chance to look at myself and pray I get my sh*t together, because I'm terrible.
Right there with you!

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Do you ever find a channel similar to yours that you think is way beneath your content but they have such bigger numbers than you? And you find yourself mumbling under your breath about it? lol
I have yet to find another channel making puppet videos in the way I do it, so I don't get bitter. Plus, there's no way to tell what exactly causes one person's success while another struggles. Bitterness is a wasted emotion and only hurts ourselves.

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I have yet to find another channel making puppet videos in the way I do it, so I don't get bitter. Plus, there's no way to tell what exactly causes one person's success while another struggles. Bitterness is a wasted emotion and only hurts ourselves.
Your channel helps inspire me to keep making my own scripted stuff because I know for a FACT that no one is making videos quite like mine as well.

Reactions: xingcat

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Yes! All of them! But they had a ten year head start and financial backing. I am OMB!

Hollyweird Teens

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You wouldn't by chance be referring to Lifeples, would you?

Hey Simply6. Will you take a look at our friend's socialblade today and tell me what you think? What the heck do you think happened today?

daniel burgio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I actually find myself getting more and more bitter now. I'm trying to push through it, but I'm seeing 0 traction. I unno. Maybe it's the game selection (and I'm not talking about the streams I post that get no views, though some of the Zelda ones have the best stats I've had in a while).