Are you bitter?

I would say I can feel bitter initially looking at other channels...but then that quickly turns to feeling inspired. I love seeing people who are making content they love having any level of success. Hopefully I can do the same!

I so often see videos and content creators go hugely viral and just think to myself "why?" Why are people watching this? I don't necessarily think my stuff is wildly amazing yet, but I sometimes question my content when I see the very stupid channels get shared around.

I so often see videos and content creators go hugely viral and just think to myself "why?" Why are people watching this? I don't necessarily think my stuff is wildly amazing yet, but I sometimes question my content when I see the very stupid channels get shared around.
Like the ones with Elsa spanking Spider-Man or being pregnant with his Spider-Babies?

Reaction channels that are literally just them watching something with no effort put in the video.

Edit: I don't make reaction videos but I commentate with my friends while they play videogames, mostly. Commentating and reacting are very similar.

lol who doesn't , yeah I come across many small youtubers with the same kind of content it does make me jealous and question their quality as they usually do clickbait videos it's really annoying but I cant do anything much about it but make better content than them.

I truly feel that YouTube is more luck than anything else.

Luck certainly plays a role but a lot of people also keep creating content over and over that I feel has a much smaller chance of succeeding than other types of content. The million dollar question to me at any given moment is what are the video topics that have the most potential. Not all content has an equal chance of being successful on YouTube in my opinion.

I'm no expert by any means but I've seen enough to understand there is "some" element of control sort of like a good poker player. The cards may unfold against you but you can still analyze what your opponent might have and then determine what hands you want to play and what hands you want to fold and try something else. You can do everything right and fail, but you can also do everything right and have a lower chance of failing than someone who did everything wrong. I've created plenty of videos where I know the topic and presentation had a lot to do with the success and other topics with no demand would have failed.

Luck certainly plays a role but a lot of people also keep creating content over and over that I feel has a much smaller chance of succeeding than other types of content. The million dollar question to me at any given moment is what are the video topics that have the most potential. Not all content has an equal chance of being successful on YouTube in my opinion.

I'm no expert by any means but I've seen enough to understand there is "some" element of control sort of like a good poker player. The cards may unfold against you but you can still analyze what your opponent might have and then determine what hands you want to play and what hands you want to fold and try something else. You can do everything right and fail, but you can also do everything right and have a lower chance of failing than someone who did everything wrong. I've created plenty of videos where I know the topic and presentation had a lot to do with the success and other topics with no demand would have failed.
you can also do everything wrong and somehow succeed in a huge way lol.

YouTube is like a game, you have been given all the opportunities, but how you twist the game its under ur hands. I know it sucks, but we should keep improving ourselves until we know what YOUTUBE expects from us.

Back