Are We Looking At The End Of The YPP?

Times are definitely changing. As soon as I saw YouTube Red, I started having flashbacks to Hulu all over again.

I definitely think that YouTube wants to be Hulu, Netflix, or heck even the "Hollywood" of the web. It's disappointing but honestly the YouTube "Land of Milk & Honey" seemed too good to last forever. I still remember the South Park episode where it was a joke to be able to make money as an internet personality at all!

I don't think it's the end of YPP, but it's a huge shift into youtube wanting nothing but copyright free content (or content you make/own 100%). Remixes/reacts/parodies/mashups/etc are going the way of dodo.

I don't think it's the end of YPP, but it's a huge shift into youtube wanting nothing but copyright free content (or content you make/own 100%). Remixes/reacts/parodies/mashups/etc are going the way of dodo.
I'd agree with you except for the fact that channels presenting original content which is under the channel owner's copyright, are also being demonetized. I've linked an example below.

https://www.youtube.com/user/imaginehaiti/

...The result of most of these secondary existing partner reviews to date, has been removal from the YPP, from what I've seen on the YouTube Support Community. Those removed then of course, proceed to ask if they will be "paid their earnings" from the prior month;

...The YPP removal, also stops AdSense finalization at the moment of removal, and denies further payment (and payouts) until and unless the channel is remonetized.

When did that happen? I thought that people could close their Adsense account and get paid out?

When did that happen? I thought that people could close their Adsense account and get paid out?
You still might be able to do that; but since you're only allowed one AdSense in your Google Lifetime, I'm guessing you should only do that if you're not planning to reapply. The minute your AdSense is closed, the monetization tab on the YouTube channel in question is disabled; and without a valid AdSense you cannot apply or reapply to the YPP.

I've seen people with recently closed AdSense accounts complaining on the new Support Community; and I am not sure they were able to resolve the situation.

Back