Well that kills my long term goal.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
I got the "copyright tool" finally too. But it doesn't inspire any confidence, as I know I will eventually come under existing channel review. So will you; we see if either of us survives...

OMG. GV, you need to change the game(s) you are playing, pronto! PubG Mobile doesn't allow commercial use of the game's content! If you were to come under review in the next 24 hours, you'd be kicked right out of the YPP for content policy violation. I just looked at your channel, and a lot of the gaming channels who are being refused or kicked out are playing either PubG, Fortnite, or Mobile Legends; none of which carry commercial use rights.

Check the EULA of every game you do videos after and look for these words: "for your personal, non-commercial use".
Don't worry! This is PUBG Mobile (different than PC) They've been supporting creators. Their Content Program has at least 200 content creators (including many 100K subs channels) and we are in 1 on 1 conversations with Community Managers and sometimes Developers, it's a pretty cool community. They actually know who I am since they gave me a shoutout in their 1 Million Subscribers Channel. If things get messy with YouTube, I don't think it will be that hard to ask for a license or commercial right! As for now we know from them that we have permission to make videos and monetise them! I have other games in mind and I'm always asking first if I'm allowed to monetise my content... if not, I'm not interested in making content about that game.

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Market Harborough, Leicestershire, England
Channel Type
Musician
Don't worry! This is PUBG Mobile (different than PC) They've been supporting creators. Their Content Program has at least 200 content creators (including many 100K subs channels) and we are in 1 on 1 conversations with Community Managers and sometimes Developers, it's a pretty cool community. They actually know who I am since they gave me a shoutout in their 1 Million Subscribers Channel. If things get messy with YouTube, I don't think it will be that hard to ask for a license or commercial right! As for now we know from them that we have permission to make videos and monetise them! I have other games in mind and I'm always asking first if I'm allowed to monetise my content... if not, I'm not interested in making content about that game.
You've caught me about to go to bed; but yes, it is PubG Mobile channels who are getting demonetized. I'll post the relevant sections of the EULA in the morning. It must be that that YouTube/AdSense looks at when they review.

Good night.

GameVestment

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Gamer
You've caught me about to go to bed; but yes, it is PubG Mobile channels who are getting demonetized. I'll post the relevant sections of the EULA in the morning. It must be that that YouTube/AdSense looks at when they review.

Good night.
Depends on the channel of course and mine doesn't fall into the categories Creator Insider & YouTube Help Forum describe...

"Without the appropriate license from the publisher, use of video game or software user interface must be minimal. Video game content may be monetized if the associated step-by-step commentary is strictly tied to the live action being shown and provides instructional or educational value."

My content is all about Instructional and Educational Value where I analyse theories, experiments, MythBusting and tips and tricks about the game where I always include step-by-step commentary!

Here's more proof from Creator Insider YouTube Channel Video: youtube.com/watch?v=92vjQKu7oug

Every channel is different, not only cause they demonetise some of them means it will happen the same to all the channels. For example, they mentioned that videos only showing Kill Compilations are getting demonetised which is probably the reason why you are seeing these channels being demonetised.

Kill Compilations / Top Tens / Stream Compilations = Don't offer any value since they only recycle videos from other places!

Gladly for me, that is not the content I upload in my channel! If in the end YouTube doesn't respect their own rules & guidelines then I totally agree with you that it will be the end!

Hope it helps,
GV

Reactions: UKHypnotist

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yes it does indeed help!

I've always been aware of the Video Game and Software Content Rules; it's just this part of the EULA of PubG Mobile, plus the fact that the Creators Program you mentioned looks more like an MCN, that has me a bit concerned. Please read the excerpt below taken directly from the PubG Mobile TOS.

"LICENCE TO USE THE LICENSED ITEMS

Software Licence
Subject to the terms of this EULA, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable (except as provided below) and revocable licence, under which you may:
  • use the Software in object code format only on your own devices for your own personal and non-commercial use in accordance with any instructions, user guides, FAQs or other requirements specified by us from time to time (the "Instructions") and this EULA; and
  • use the Services, subject to the “Services Licence” section below.
Services Licence
Where Services are made available as part of your use of Software under this EULA, we grant you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, non-transferrable and revocable licence to use the Services in accordance with the Instructions and this EULA.

You may be able to create certain content within the Services, such as gameplay videos or additional game characters. Such content is subject to the “Your Content” section below.

Your Content
When you submit, upload, transmit or display any data, information, media or other content in connection with your use of our services (“Your Content”), you understand and agree that:
  • you will continue to own and be responsible for Your Content;
  • our use of Your Content will be subject to our Privacy Policy;
  • you are giving us and our affiliate companies the right to use Your Content (with no fees or charges payable by us to you) including the right to create derivative works of, to publicly display and to publicly perform Your Content, for the purposes of providing, promoting, developing and trying to improve our services, including our relevant Services that you submitted Your Content in and any other services that we may provide now or in the future;
  • we may use the name that you submit in connection with Your Content (whether that be Your Account name, real name or otherwise);
  • in using Your Content for these purposes, we and our affiliate companies may copy, reproduce, host, store, process, adapt, modify, translate, perform, distribute and publish Your Content worldwide in all media and by all distribution methods, including those that are developed in the future, provided that they are incorporated into our services which you use;
  • we may share Your Content with third parties that we work with to help provide, promote, develop and improve our services, but we will not sell Your Content to such third parties (other than our affiliate companies) for their use for their own purposes (i.e. for any purposes that are not related to our services); and
  • you will comply with the Instructions and this EULA, in your submission of Your Content."
Now, I've never claimed to be a lawyer, but the import of this looks like

A. You are only allowed to create gameplay videos for your personal entertainment; not for commercial use; and you must own commercial use rights for all content intended for monetization on YouTube.

B. The gameplay videos you create are only meant for submission within the PubG Mobile services unit. So the question to be asked here, is does that services unit extend to YouTube?

OOPS!

I just found more evidence!

"MONITORING AND PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES

You agree not to engage in any of the following prohibited activities on or in relation to our services, or allow any person to use Your Account with us to do the same:

• impersonate any person or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity in registering an account (including by creating a misrepresentative account name or accessing another user’s account) or in making any communications or sharing or publishing any content or information using our services;
  • name squat via Your Account name in a way that infringes any third party’s intellectual property rights or other rights;
  • send any unsolicited, unauthorised spam (such as spam comments in our social media services), advertising or promotional messages, or any other commercial communications;
  • use our services for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party, except as expressly permitted by this EULA or otherwise by us from time to time,"
In any case, I wish you luck, as your channel is a very good one indeed!

Last edited:
Reactions: GameVestment

Dave Pollack

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I think people need to use the platform for other revenue sources. I know as a small channel that is monetized (2k subs), I make wayyyyyyyyyy more money from other sources using the video as a vehicle (getting gigs, recording sessions, new students, selling merchandise, etc.) I think people can use what reach they have in a more efficient way to increase their income as opposed to relying on "monetization" and adsense revenue.

Reactions: Alexander Hoff

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I'd like to think that this is the start of an overhaul of the system, completely fixing it up, but that's just being too hopeful

Gits and Shiggles

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well, article 13 did pass... maybe this is the first wave of Youtube precautions against getting sued my music corporations. You did say it was mostly ESL so maybe its because they're from the EU?

UKHypnotist

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Well, article 13 did pass... maybe this is the first wave of Youtube precautions against getting sued my music corporations. You did say it was mostly ESL so maybe its because they're from the EU?
India, Pakistan, Thailand, China...

Are these EU countries? These are where most of the English As Second Language people I was talking about come from.