After Joining CreatorX - can I Quit Youtube?

There was no difference at all in the placement of our videos when we joined Fullscreen.

Hi there. I recently had (on Friday) my Need For Speed World Winter Wonderland Jump Compilation video featured and placed on the Fullscreen Arcade channel.

Fullscreen Arcade were asking for submissions so I submitted my video and was picked. They are a good bunch of guys. :D

I'm not sure if the Fullscreen's vlog/creator channel asks for open submissions but if they do you know the drill. All the best and nice to have another Fullscreen partner around.

Hmm... a lot has been posted since our last reply. ha Replying as best we can below! ( Re-ordering some quotes to group related answers. )

Could you please explain what this means?
Seems capturedbytee already covered that bit quite nicely. (payment minimum)

Allow me to elaborate; the question was in regards to leaving YT completely. I make music videos and put a lot of time into them (arranging,recording, editing, mastering the audio, multicam video shoots, etc). Jjoining an MCN is a big part of moving forward in that regard since I can't effectively get sync licenses on my own etc. and so, as far as i can see, monetizing music videos is pretty impossible without joining one.

My question was - if i see i'm not growing the audience - if half-way into the contract i'm still not able to attract a growing number of views/subscribers, and i decide to leave the YT music video industry and stop making new music videos for the remainder of my contract, would there a penalty/law suit, etc in doing so? Would i be forfeiting my adsense account entirely?

I am very new to this industry and want to understand the exit terms. Good faith is present here for sure, but i don't want to be contractually obligated to make music videos for the next 3 years if, 1 yr down the road it's clear to me that things aren't growing.
How long are first time contracts with emerging creators for?
Do the contracts specify what genre videos i must make, or am i free to move to vlogging if i decide i no longer want to make music videos?
Makes more sense now. Thanks for the clarifications!

I think you're worrying a bit too much. :) We're not in the business of chasing after people if their upload frequency slips or they change their content type. Creator X is geared toward emerging creators and our contracts (which are currently only 1 year) don't lock people in like that.

As far as your AdSense account... you retain that when you get switched to Creator X (Fullscreen) and can still use it on websites and in the future on YouTube after the network agreement is over.

What "support" do your support staff offer the emerging creator? Are they available to advise on what songs are best to cover (demographics/popularity wise), how to improve the videos to gain more views, help facillitate collaberations with other YT'ers, or are we really on our own in all these respects?
Where can i find a list of the songs that are licensed for covering? Generally with music video covers, we cover brand newly released songs/videos. Are these songs include in your sync licenses for CreatorX members to cover (ie. will i be able to cover and monotize every song I see Tyler Ward/Alex Goot doing covers on)? Am i still free to a cover a song that is not in your licensing pool, just without monotizing it (ie. as an intependant YT partner i seem to be able to cover any song i want - i just can't monotize them, though i am always subject to takedown notices since, technically, making a video of a song you don't have permission to cover is an infringement on copyright), or am i restricted to only covering songs in your license pool?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.
Looking back at all your posts... we're kind of wondering if you're being put in FAM. That's Fullscreen's network for cover artists. It is possible to apply to Creator X and be put in FAM instead because it fits your content better.

Did they mention FAM in the emails you received?

In all honesty... we can't answer most of these questions because they are specific to an area we're not familiar with or are more appropriately answered in a one on one conversation. You would have to speak directly to our Partner Manager (Sam... he's the one who sends contracts etc) or FAM's Partner Manager.

Here are the answers we can give...

We offer a ton of personal support and advice on improving. (though, for cover songs... FAM is better to do that)

For collaborations we offer private forums that include all of Fullscreen's partners. It is more in your control to make connections there, but we're also glad to suggest a collab to another partners if you find one you wanted to collab with. (aka introduce)

Hope that helps and let us know if we can help further!

Caveat: If you are being put into FAM, then the contract could well vary from what we've said above. We're not familiar with how FAM agreements work. So, you'd have to fall back to speaking with a Partner Manager and the agreement itself for clarifications.

Back