Affiliate Features Implemented : Request to unlink button added!

Your network put a channel as big as yours on affiliate o.o

Have you seen the exact definitions of Managed/Affiliates?
I was at YouTubeSpace and it seems that there is a difference in understanding between what I'm hearing and what I'm reading here on YTT. It seems like Managed are more like channels that are owned by the network and Affiliates are everybody else (partners).

Have you seen the exact definitions of Managed/Affiliates?
I was at YouTubeSpace and it seems that there is a difference in understanding between what I'm hearing and what I'm reading here on YTT. It seems like Managed are more like channels that are owned by the network and Affiliates are everybody else (partners).
Nope, Managed are the ones with instant monetization but the network is responsible for their lawsuits over content
Affiliate are the ones without instant monetization, responsible to take the blame for their own content, the unlink option and analytics auto enabled (the MCN cannot disable it)

I don't know why, but I tried to monetize a new video and it was monetized immediately. Does that mean I'm managed (doubt it)?[DOUBLEPOST=1386081617,1386081036][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay that's weird, my friend just uploaded a video to his channel and it got monetized too. He's with AwesomenessTV.
I guess the update is not fully completed yet.

I don't know why, but I tried to monetize a new video and it was monetized immediately. Does that mean I'm managed (doubt it)?[DOUBLEPOST=1386081617,1386081036][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay that's weird, my friend just uploaded a video to his channel and it got monetized too. He's with AwesomenessTV.
I guess the update is not fully completed yet.

Same here....

Nope, Managed are the ones with instant monetization but the network is responsible for their lawsuits over content
Affiliate are the ones without instant monetization, responsible to take the blame for their own content, the unlink option and analytics auto enabled (the MCN cannot disable it)

Yeah, it's a shame. I create my own content and am of no risk to them.

Maybe even Managed get the opt-out button too.

Last edited:
I will just work around it on my own. My communications with my Partner Manager are not effective.

Damn, I would ask to switch to another if you can, I am sure they have plenty, perhaps someone else would be better working with you. Good luck either way, hopefully you wont have many issues monetising as for a channel of your size that could be a case of seriously losing out.

@markkaz did they mention anything about instant monetization in their original communications to you? Even though it's not listed in the contract, you have a potential argument about being misled which could invalidate the contract. While it probably wouldn't scare them enough to terminate, you could use it to strong arm into managed. Either that, or send your termination email now even though you're not near the end of the term and cite the affiliate status as the primary cause.

@Michael I should wait to see exactly what is going on before I jump to conclusions.

There are some peculiarities. Even if I scheduled a video, I could watch it and there would be a pre-roll. I uploaded two videos last night and neither one of them are showing pre-rolls. They are showing banner ads though and appear to be monetized. On goes live in 20 minutes. The other, tomorrow, 8:00 PST. I will be monitoring them.[DOUBLEPOST=1386085339,1386085252][/DOUBLEPOST]@Tarmack I already have legal grounds to take them to court for previous contractual violations. I shouldn't say more.

Back